Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
SEK1/MKK4 Antibody #9152
|9152S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9152||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||44||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Dog.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SEK1/MKK4 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total SEK1/MKK4 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with MEK1, MEK2 or MKK3.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding the N-terminus of human SEK1/MKK4. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
SAPK/Erk kinase (SEK1), also known as MKK4 or Jun kinase kinase (JNKK), activates the MAP kinase homologues SAPK and JNK in response to various cellular stresses and inflamatory cytokines (1-3). Activation of SEK1 occurs through MEKK phosphorylation of serine and threonine residues at positions 257 and 261, respectively. Like MEK, SEK is a dual-specificity protein kinase that phosphorylates SAPK/JNK at a conserved T*PY* site in its activation loop (4). Phosphorylation by Akt at Ser80 inhibits SEK1 and suppresses stress-activated signal transduction (5).
- Zapata, H.J. et al. (2007) J Virol 81, 977-90. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Ngai, S. et al. (2010) FEBS J 277, 119-27. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3346 SEK1 (5C10) Rabbit mAb
- 4514 Phospho-SEK1/MKK4 (Ser257) (C36C11) Rabbit mAb
- 9151 Phospho-SEK1/MKK4 (Thr261) Antibody
- 9155 Phospho-SEK1/MKK4 (Ser80) Antibody
- 9156 Phospho-SEK1/MKK4 (Ser257/Thr261) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.