Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Phospho-GSK-3α/β (Ser21/9) Antibody #9331
|9331L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9331S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9331||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, Zebrafish||Endogenous||46 GSK-3beta. 51 GSK-3alpha.||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-GSK-3alpha/beta (Ser21/9) Antibody detects endogenous levels of GSK-3 only when phosphorylated at serine 21 of GSK-3alpha or serine 9 of GSK-3beta.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to the sequence of human GSK-3 alpha. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells, untreated or insulin treated for the indicated times, using Phospho-GSK-3alpha/beta (Ser21/9) Antibody (upper) or GSK-3beta Antibody #9332 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing nuclear and cytoplasmic localization, using Phospho-GSK-3alpha/beta (Ser21/9) Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, untreated (left) or lambda phosphatase-treated (right), using Phospho-GSK-3alpha/beta (Ser21/9) Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using Phospho-GSK-3alpha/beta (Ser21/9) Antibody in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Glycogen synthase kinase-3 (GSK-3) was initially identified as an enzyme that regulates glycogen synthesis in response to insulin (1). GSK-3 is a ubiquitously expressed serine/threonine protein kinase that phosphorylates and inactivates glycogen synthase. GSK-3 is a critical downstream element of the PI3K/Akt cell survival pathway whose activity can be inhibited by Akt-mediated phosphorylation at Ser21 of GSK-3α and Ser9 of GSK-3β (2,3). GSK-3 has been implicated in the regulation of cell fate in Dictyostelium and is a component of the Wnt signaling pathway required for Drosophila, Xenopus, and mammalian development (4). GSK-3 has been shown to regulate cyclin D1 proteolysis and subcellular localization (5).
- Armstrong, J. L. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 952-956. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Fasshauer, M. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 25494-25501. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Zheng, W. H. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 39152-39158. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Peyssonnaux, C. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell. Biol. 20, 7068-7079. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Allard, D. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 19739-47. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Popkie, A.P. et al. (2010) J Biol Chem 285, 41337-47. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Fonseca, B.D. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 27111-22. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Thomson, D.M. et al. (2010) J Appl Physiol 108, 1775-85. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Caron, M.A. et al. (2013) PLoS One 8, e66433. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9315 GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb
- 9316 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (36E9) Rabbit mAb
- 9327 Phospho-GSK-3α/β (Ser21/9) (37F11) Rabbit mAb (GSK-3α Preferred)
- 9323 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) (5B3) Rabbit mAb
- 9337 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (46H12) Mouse mAb
- 9840 Akt Kinase Assay Kit (Nonradioactive)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.