Product Pathways - Development
Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser45) Antibody #9564
|9564S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9564||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat, Dog, Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser45) Antibody detects endogenous levels of beta-catenin only when phosphorylated at serine 45. It does not recognize β-catenin phosphorylated at other sites.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser45 of human β-catenin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HEK293 cells untreated and treated with calyculin A (50 nM for 30 minutes), using Phospho-β-Catenin (upper) and β-Catenin Antibody #9562 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from HEK293 cells untreated and treated with 50 nM calyculin A for 30 minutes, using Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser45) Antibody (lanes 1-2) or the same antibody after preincubation with listed peptides (lanes 3-8). (S45-P is phospho-Ser45 peptide; S33/37/T41-P is phospho-Ser33/37/Thr41 peptide; S45-non-P is nonphospho-Ser45 peptide.)
Western blot analysis of extracts from SW480 cells, using Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser45) Antibody.
β-Catenin is a key downstream effector in the Wnt signaling pathway (1). It is implicated in two major biological processes in vertebrates: early embryonic development (2) and tumorigenesis (3). CK1 phosphorylates β-catenin at Ser45. This phosphorylation event primes β-catenin for subsequent phosphorylation by GSK-3β (4-6). GSK-3β destabilizes β-catenin by phosphorylating it at Ser33, Ser37, and Thr41 (7). Mutations at these sites result in the stabilization of β-catenin protein levels and have been found in many tumor cell lines (8).
- Cadigan, K.M. and Nusse, R. (1997) Genes Dev. 11, 3286-3305.
- Wodarz, A. and Nusse, R. (1998) Annu. Rev. Cell. Dev. Biol. 14, 59-88.
- Polakis, P. (1999) Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 9, 15-21.
- Amit, S. et al. (2002) Genes Dev. 16, 1066-1076.
- Lin, C. et al. (2002) Cell 108, 837-847.
- Yanagawa, S. et al. (2002) EMBO J. 21, 1733-1742.
- Yost, C. et al. (1996) Genes Dev. 10, 1443-1454.
- Morin, P.J. (1997) Science 275, 1787-1790.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 9562 β-Catenin Antibody
- 9565 Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.