Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
Cox1 (D2G6) Rabbit mAb #9896
|9896S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9896||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||70||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cox1 (D2G6) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of glycosylated Cox1 protein; it also weakly recognizes unglycosylated Cox1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ile123 of human Cox1 protein.
Cyclooxygenase1 (Cox1) and cyclooxygenase2 (Cox2), family members with 60% homology in humans, catalyze prostaglandin production from arachidonic acid (1,2). While Cox1 expression is constitutive in most tissues, Cox2 expression is induced by lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and peptidoglycan (PGN) (3). PGN activates Ras, leading to phosphorylation of Raf at Ser338 and Erk1/2 at Tyr204. The activation of MAP kinase signaling results in subsequent activation of IKKα/β, phosphorylation of IκBα at Ser32/36, and NF-κB activation. Finally, activation of the transcription factor NF-κB is responsible for the induction of Cox2 expression (4). Investigators have shown that LPS and PGN induce the clinical manifestations of arthritis and bacterial infections, such as inflammation, fever, and septic shock (5). Research studies have indicated that Cox1 and Cox2 may also play a role in the neuropathology of Alzheimer's disease by potentiating γ-secretase activity and β-amyloid generation (6).
- Xie, W.L. et al. (1991) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 88, 2692-6.
- Vane, J.R. et al. (1998) Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 38, 97-120.
- O'Neill, G.P. et al. (1994) Mol Pharmacol 45, 245-54.
- Chen, B.C. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 20889-97.
- Wang, Q. et al. (2001) Infect Immun 69, 2270-6.
- Qin, W. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 50970-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4841 Cox1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.