Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
|9901S||1.5 mg||---||In Stock||---|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- 307.34 g/mol
Directions For Use
For 10 mM stock, reconstitute 1.5 mg in 488 µl DMSO. For 50 mM stock, reconstitute 1.5 mg in 98 µl DMSO. Store aliquots at -20ºC.
Western blot analysis of extracts from PDGF, wortmannin and LY294002 treated NIH/3T3 cells, using Phospho-Akt (Ser473) Antibody #9271 (A), Phospho-Akt (Thr308) Antibody #9275 (B) or Akt Antibody #9272 (C). D is an analysis of Akt activity in PDGF, wortmannin and LY294002 treated NIH/3T3 cells, using Akt Kinase Assay Kit #9840.
LY294002 was shown to act in vivo as a highly selective inhibitor of phosphatidylinositol 3 (PI3) kinase. When used at a concentration of 50 μM, it specifically abolished PI3 kinase activity (IC50=0.43 μg/ml; 1.40 μM) but did not inhibit other lipid and protein kinases such as PI4 kinase, PKC, MAP kinase or c-Src (1). LY294002 is soluble in DMSO or ethanol. For use with in vitro or cell-based assays, it may be diluted into aqueous buffers to yield the desired concentrations. For experiments with cultured cells, CST recommends treating the cells with LY294002 for one hour prior to, and for the duration of, the stimulation. LY294002 has been shown to block PI3 kinase-dependent Akt phosphorylation and kinase activity.
- Qiang, Y.W. et al. (2004) Blood 103, 301-8. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Hartmann, W. et al. (2009) Clin Cancer Res 15, 4538-45. Applications: Western Blotting, IHC-P (paraffin).
- Zhang, R. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e23831. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2965 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) (C31E5E) Rabbit mAb
- 4691 Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb
- 9270 PhosphoPlus® Akt (Ser473) Antibody Kit
- 9271 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) Antibody
- 9275 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) Antibody
- 9552 PTEN Antibody
- 9559 PTEN (138G6) Rabbit mAb
- 9840 Akt Kinase Assay Kit (Nonradioactive)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.