Upstream / Downstream
Explore pathways related to this product.
the purchase of 3 or more products
To Purchase # 27120S
|27120S||100 µl (50 tests)||$299.00.0|
Find answers on our FAQs page.
- Additional protein information
- Analytical tools
BATF (D7C5) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #27120
Gallery: BATF (D7C5) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #27120
Flow Cytometry, Methanol Permeabilization Protocol for Direct Conjugates
A. Solutions and Reagents
NOTE: Prepare solutions with reverse osmosis deionized (RODI) or equivalent grade water.
- 20X Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS): (#9808) To prepare 1 L 1X PBS: add 50 ml 20X PBS to 950 ml dH2O, mix.
- 16% Formaldehyde (methanol free).
- 100% methanol.
- Incubation Buffer: Dissolve 0.5 g Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) (#9998) in 100 ml 1X PBS. Store at 4°C.
NOTE: If using whole blood, lyse red blood cells and wash by centrifugation prior to fixation.
- Collect cells by centrifugation and aspirate supernatant.
- Resuspend cells in 0.5-1 ml 1X PBS. Add formaldehyde to obtain a final concentration of 4%.
- Fix for 15 min at room temperature.
- Wash by centrifugation with excess 1X PBS. Discard supernatant in appropriate waste container. Resuspend cells in 0.5-1 ml 1X PBS.
- Permeabilize cells by adding ice-cold 100% methanol slowly to pre-chilled cells, while gently vortexing, to a final concentration of 90% methanol.
- Incubate 30 min on ice.
- Proceed with immunostaining (Section D) or store cells at -20°C in 90% methanol.
- Aliquot desired number of cells into tubes or wells.
- Wash cells by centrifugation in excess 1X PBS to remove methanol. Discard supernatant in appropriate waste container. Repeat if necessary.
- Resuspend cells in 100 µl of diluted antibody conjugate (prepared in incubation buffer at the recommended dilution).
- Incubate for 1 hr at room temperature. Protect from light.
- Wash by centrifugation in incubation buffer. Discard supernatant. Repeat.
- Resuspend cells in 1X PBS and analyze on flow cytometer; alternatively, for DNA staining, proceed to optional DNA stain (Section E).
E. Optional DNA Dye
- Resuspend cells in 0.5 ml of DNA dye (e.g. Propidium Iodide (PI)/RNase Staining Solution #4087).
- Incubate for at least 5 min at room temperature.
- Analyze cells in DNA staining solution on flow cytometer.
posted July 2009
revised June 2017
BATF (D7C5) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) recognizes endogenous levels of total BATF protein.Species Reactivity: Human, Mouse
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human BATF protein
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to phycoerythrin (PE) and tested in-house for direct flow cytometry analysis in human cells. This antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated BATF (D7C5) Rabbit mAb #8638.
Basic leucine zipper transcriptional factor ATF-like (BATF) is a basic leucine zipper (bZIP) transcription factor and is part of the AP-1/ATF family that forms inhibitory dimers with members of the Jun family (1-3). Expression of BATF is largely restricted with highest levels found in mature T cells, and it is induced in B cells following immune responses including viral infection (1,2). BATF expression is also induced by IL-6 via a Stat3-dependent mechanism (4). BATF plays an important role in the differentiation of immune cell lineages (5-7). Studies of BATF-deficient mice have demonstrated a critical role for BATF in the formation of IL-17-expressing Th17 cells, in part, by regulating the expression of IL-17 (5,6). BATF knockouts are resistant to experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EEA), consistent with the role of Th17 cells in this model for autoimmunity (5). Additional studies have found that BATF is important in generating antibody class switching. BATF is required for the generation of follicular helper T cells (Tfh), by regulating BCL6 and c-Maf (6,7). In B cells, BATF controls the expression of activation-induced cytidine deaminase (AID) and regulates class-switched antibody responses (7). Taken together, these studies suggest that BATF is a key regulator of distinct populations of immune cells.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.