Upstream / Downstream
Explore pathways related to this product.
Research More. Spend Less.
Spend $650 or more and get 20% off*
(*Offer valid in the US only. Expires June 30, 2017)
To Purchase # 48947S
|48947S||100 µl (50 tests)||$329.00.0|
Find answers on our FAQs page.
- Additional protein information
- Analytical tools
BLNK (D3P2H) XP® Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #48947
Flow cytometric analysis of human whole blood using BLNK (D3P2H) XP® Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) and co-stained with CD19-FITC (left) and CD3-APC (right). CD19+ B cells are positive for BLNK, whereas CD3+ T cells are negative. Analysis was performed on cells in the lymphocyte gate.Learn more about how we get our images
Gallery: BLNK (D3P2H) XP® Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #48947
A. Solutions and Reagents
NOTE: Prepare solutions with reverse osmosis deionized (RODI) or equivalent grade water.
- 20X Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS): (#9808) To prepare 1 L 1X PBS: add 50 ml 20X PBS to 950 ml dH2O, mix.
- 16% Formaldehyde (methanol free).
- Triton™ X-100: To prepare 50 ml of 0.1% Triton™ X-100 add 50 μl Triton™ X-100 to 50 ml 1 X PBS and mix well.
- 50% methanol.
- Incubation Buffer: Dissolve 0.5 g Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) (#9998) in 100 ml 1X PBS. Store at 4°C.
B. Preparation of Whole Blood (fixation, lysis, and permeabilization) for Immunostaining
- Aliquot 100 μl fresh whole blood per assay tube.
- OPTIONAL: Place tubes in rack in 37°C water bath for short-term treatments with ligands, inhibitors, drugs, etc.
- Add 65 μl of 10% formaldehyde to each tube.
- Vortex briefly and let stand for 15 min at room temperature.
- Add 1 ml of 0.1% Triton™ X-100 to each tube.
- Vortex and let stand for 30 min at room temperature.
- Add 1 ml incubation buffer.
- Pellet cells by centrifugation and aspirate supernatant.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8.
- Resuspend cells in ice-cold 50% methanol in PBS (store methanol solution at -20°C until use).
- Incubate at least 10 min on ice.
- Proceed with staining or store cells at -20°C in 50% methanol.
C. Staining Using Conjugated Primary Antibodies
NOTE: Account for isotype-matched controls for monoclonal antibodies or species matched IgG for polyclonal antibodies.
- Add 2–3 ml incubation buffer to each tube and rinse by centrifugation. Repeat.
- Add primary antibodies diluted as recommended on datasheet or product webpage in incubation buffer.
- Incubate for 30–60 min at room temperature.
- Wash by centrifugation in 2–3 ml incubation buffer.
- Resuspend cells in 0.5 ml PBS and analyze on flow cytometer.
Reference: Chow S, Hedley D, Grom P, Magari R, Jacobberger JW, Shankey TV (2005) Whole blood fixation and permeabilization protocol with red blood cell lysis for flow cytometry of intracellular phosphorylated epitopes in leukocyte subpopulations. Cytometry A 67(1), 4–17.
posted November 2008
revised September 2013
BLNK (D8P2H) XP® Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) recognizes endogenous levels of total BLNK protein.Species Reactivity: Human, Mouse
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg282 of human BLNK protein.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to phycoerythrin (PE) and tested in-house for direct flow cytometry analysis in human cells. This antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated BLNK (D8P2H) XP® Rabbit mAb #36438.
B cell linker protein (BLNK), also known as SLP-65 or BASH, is an adaptor molecule that plays key roles in B cell activation and B cell antigen receptor (BCR) engagement. BLNK acts at the interface between BCR-associated Syk and downstream signaling cascades (1,2). BLNK has multiple SH2 binding motifs (YXXP) at its amino terminus and an SH2 domain at its carboxy terminus. After BCR ligation, BLNK is phosphorylated by Syk at multiple YXXP motifs including Tyr72, Tyr84, Tyr96, and Tyr178 (1). These phosphorylated motifs provide docking sites for signaling molecules, such as BTK, PLCγ, and Vav. These signaling molecules bind to BLNK through their SH2 domains and together activate downstream signaling pathways (3,4). Through its SH2 domain, BLNK can also interact with tyrosine-phosphorylated targets, such as HPK1, thereby recruiting them to the BCR complex for signaling (5).
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.