Upstream / Downstream
Explore pathways related to this product.
the purchase of 3 or more products
To Purchase # 9604S
|9604S||100 µl (50 tests)||$299.00.0|
Find answers on our FAQs page.
- Additional protein information
- Analytical tools
Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (D3E9) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 555 Conjugate) #9604
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells, untreated (left) or treated with Staurosporine #9953 (1 μM, 4 hr; right), using Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (D3E9) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 555 Conjugate) (red). Actin filaments were labeled with Alexa Fluor® 488 phalloidin (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).Learn more about how we get our images
Gallery: Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (D3E9) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 555 Conjugate) #9604
A. Solutions and Reagents
NOTE: Prepare solutions with reverse osmosis deionized (RODI) or equivalent grade water.
- 20X Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS): (9808) To prepare 1L 1X PBS: add 50 ml 20X PBS to 950 ml dH2O, mix. Adjust pH to 8.0.
- Formaldehyde: 16%, methanol free, Polysciences, Inc. (cat# 18814), use fresh and store opened vials at 4°C in dark, dilute in 1X PBS for use.
- Blocking Buffer (1X PBS / 5% normal goat serum (#5425) / 0.3% Triton™ X-100): To prepare 10 ml: add 0.5 ml normal goat serum and 0.5 ml 20X PBS to 9.0 ml dH2O, mix. While stirring, add 30 µl Triton™ X-100.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer: (1X PBS / 1% BSA / 0.3% Triton™ X-100): To prepare 10 ml, add 30 µl Triton™ X-100 to 10 ml 1X PBS. Mix well then add 0.1 g BSA (#9998), mix.
- Prolong® Gold AntiFade Reagent (#9071), Prolong® Gold AntiFade Reagent with DAPI (#8961).
B. Specimen Preparation - Cultured Cell Lines (IF-IC)
NOTE: Cells should be grown, treated, fixed and stained directly in multi-well plates, chamber slides or on coverslips.
Aspirate liquid, then cover cells to a depth of 2–3 mm with 4% formaldehyde diluted in 1X PBS.
NOTE: Formaldehyde is toxic, use only in a fume hood.
- Allow cells to fix for 15 min at room temperature.
- Aspirate fixative, rinse three times in 1X PBS for 5 min each.
- Proceed with Immunostaining (Section C).
NOTE: All subsequent incubations should be carried out at room temperature unless otherwise noted in a humid light-tight box or covered dish/plate to prevent drying and fluorochrome fading.
- Block specimen in Blocking Buffer for 60 min.
- While blocking, prepare primary antibody by diluting as indicated on datasheet in Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- Aspirate blocking solution, apply diluted primary antibody.
- Incubate overnight at 4°C.
- Rinse three times in 1X PBS for 5 min each.
- Coverslip slides with Prolong® Gold Antifade Reagent (#9071) or Prolong® Gold Antifade Reagent with DAPI (#8961).
- For best results, allow mountant to cure overnight at room temperature. For long-term storage, store slides flat at 4°C protected from light.
posted November 2006
revised November 2013
Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (D3E9) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 555 Conjugate) recognizes endogenous levels of caspase-3 protein only when cleaved at Asp175.Species Reactivity: Human Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat, Bovine, Pig
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp175 of human caspase-3 protein.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 555 fluorescent dye and tested in-house for direct immunofluorescent analysis in human cells. This antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (D3E9) Rabbit mAb #9579.
Caspase-3 (CPP-32, Apoptain, Yama, SCA-1) is a critical executioner of apoptosis, as it is either partially or totally responsible for the proteolytic cleavage of many key proteins, such as the nuclear enzyme poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) (1). Activation of caspase-3 requires proteolytic processing of its inactive zymogen into activated p17 and p12 fragments. Cleavage of caspase-3 requires the aspartic acid residue at the P1 position (2).
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. Alexa Fluor is a registered trademark of Life Technologies Corporation. DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited. The Alexa Fluor dye conjugates in this product are sold under license from Life Technologies Corporation, for research use only excluding use in combination with DNA microarrays and high content screening (HCS). This product is provided under an intellectual property license from Life Technologies Corporation. The transfer of this product is contingent on the buyer using the purchased product solely in research, including use with HCS or other automated imaging applications but excluding use in combination with DNA microarrays. The buyer must not sell or otherwise transfer this product or its components for (a) diagnostic, therapeutic or prophylactic purposes; (b) testing, analysis or screening services, or information in return for compensation on a per-test basis; (c) manufacturing or quality assurance or quality control, or (d) resale, whether or not resold for use in research. For information on purchasing a license to this product for purposes other than as described above, contact Life Technologies Corporation, 5791 Van Allen Way, Carlsbad, CA 92008 USA or firstname.lastname@example.org.