Upstream / Downstream
Explore pathways related to this product.
To Purchase # 8995S
|8995S||100 µl (50 tests)||$299.00.0|
Find answers on our FAQs page.
- Additional protein information
- Analytical tools
EpCAM (VU1D9) Mouse mAb (PE Conjugate) #8995
Gallery: EpCAM (VU1D9) Mouse mAb (PE Conjugate) #8995
Flow Cytometry, Extracellular Epitope Protocol for Direct Conjugates
A. Solutions and Reagents
NOTE: Prepare solutions with reverse osmosis deionized (RODI) or equivalent grade water.
- 20X Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS): (#9808) To prepare 1 L 1X PBS: add 50 ml 20X PBS to 950 ml dH2O, mix.
- Formaldehyde (methanol free).
- Incubation Buffer: Dissolve 0.5 g bovine serum albumin (BSA) (#9998) in 100mL 1X PBS. Store at 4°C.
NOTE: If live cell staining is desired, proceed to Section C.
- Collect cells by centrifugation and aspirate supernatant.
- Resuspend cells in 0.5-1 ml PBS. Add formaldehyde to obtain a final concentration of 4% formaldehyde.
- Fix for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Wash by centrifugation with excess 1X PBS. Discard supernatant in appropriate waste container. Resuspend cells in 1X PBS.
- Proceed with staining or store cells at +4°C in PBS with 0.1% sodium azide.
NOTE: Count cells using a hemocytometer or alternative method.
- Aliquot desired number of cells into tubes or wells.
- If necessary, centrifuge to remove excess PBS.
- Resuspend cells in 100 µl of diluted antibody conjugate (prepared in incubation buffer at the recommended dilution).
- Incubate for 30-60 minutes at room temperature.
- Wash by centrifugation in incubation buffer. Discard supernatant. Repeat.
- Resuspend cells in 1X PBS and analyze on flow cytometer; alternatively, for DNA staining, proceed to Section D.
D. Optional DNA Dye
- Resuspend cells in 0.5 ml of DNA dye (e.g. Propidium Iodide (PI)/RNase Staining Solution #4087).
- Incubate for at least 5 min at room temperature.
- Analyze cells in DNA staining solution on flow cytometer.
posted January 2009
revised June 2017
EpCAM (VU1D9) Mouse mAb (PE Conjugate) detects endogenous levels of total EpCAM protein.Species Reactivity: Human
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with NCI-H69 small cell lung carcinoma cells.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to phycoerythrin (PE) and tested in-house for direct flow cytometry analysis in human cells. The antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated EpCAM (VU1D9) Mouse mAb #2929.
Epithelial cell adhesion and activating molecule (EpCAM/CD326) is a transmembrane glycoprotein that mediates Ca2+-independent, homophilic adhesions on the basolateral surface of most epithelial cells. EpCAM is not expressed in adult squamous epithelium, but it is highly expressed in adeno and squamous cell carcinomas (1). Research studies identified EpCAM as one of the first tumor-associated antigens, and it has long been a marker of epithelial and tumor tissue. Investigators have shown that EpCAM is highly expressed in cancer cells (reviewed in 2,3).
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.