Upstream / Downstream
Explore pathways related to this product.
To Purchase # 77366S
|77366S||100 µl (50 tests)||$299.00.0|
Find answers on our FAQs page.
- Additional protein information
- Analytical tools
Phospho-Stat2 (Tyr690) (D3P2P) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #77366
Gallery: Phospho-Stat2 (Tyr690) (D3P2P) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #77366
Flow Cytometry, Methanol Permeabilization Protocol for Direct Conjugates
A. Solutions and Reagents
NOTE: Prepare solutions with reverse osmosis deionized (RODI) or equivalent grade water.
- 20X Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS): (#9808) To prepare 1 L 1X PBS: add 50 ml 20X PBS to 950 ml dH2O, mix.
- 16% Formaldehyde (methanol free).
- 100% methanol.
- Incubation Buffer: Dissolve 0.5 g Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) (#9998) in 100 ml 1X PBS. Store at 4°C.
NOTE: If using whole blood, lyse red blood cells and wash by centrifugation prior to fixation.
- Collect cells by centrifugation and aspirate supernatant.
- Resuspend cells in 0.5-1 ml 1X PBS. Add formaldehyde to obtain a final concentration of 4%.
- Fix for 15 min at room temperature.
- Wash by centrifugation with excess 1X PBS. Discard supernatant in appropriate waste container. Resuspend cells in 0.5-1 ml 1X PBS.
- Permeabilize cells by adding ice-cold 100% methanol slowly to pre-chilled cells, while gently vortexing, to a final concentration of 90% methanol.
- Incubate 30 min on ice.
- Proceed with immunostaining (Section D) or store cells at -20°C in 90% methanol.
- Aliquot desired number of cells into tubes or wells.
- Wash cells by centrifugation in excess 1X PBS to remove methanol. Discard supernatant in appropriate waste container. Repeat if necessary.
- Resuspend cells in 100 µl of diluted antibody conjugate (prepared in incubation buffer at the recommended dilution).
- Incubate for 1 hr at room temperature. Protect from light.
- Wash by centrifugation in incubation buffer. Discard supernatant. Repeat.
- Resuspend cells in 1X PBS and analyze on flow cytometer; alternatively, for DNA staining, proceed to optional DNA stain (Section E).
E. Optional DNA Dye
- Resuspend cells in 0.5 ml of DNA dye (e.g. Propidium Iodide (PI)/RNase Staining Solution #4087).
- Incubate for at least 5 min at room temperature.
- Analyze cells in DNA staining solution on flow cytometer.
posted July 2009
revised June 2017
Phospho-Stat2 (D3P2P) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) recognizes endogenous levels of Stat2 protein only when phosphorylated at Tyr690.Species Reactivity: Human, Rat
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phospho-peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr690 of human Stat2 protein.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to phycoerythrin (PE) and tested in-house for direct flow cytometry analysis in human cells. This antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated Phospho-Stat2 (D3P2P) Rabbit mAb #88410.
Stat2 (113-kDa), originally purified from the nuclei of alpha-interferon-treated cells, is critical to the transcriptional responses induced by type I interferons, IFN-alpha/beta (1,2). Knockout mice with a targeted disruption of Stat2 have higher susceptibility to viral infection and altered responses to type I interferons (3). Stat2 is rapidly activated by phosphorylation at Tyr690 in response to stimulation by IFN-alpha/beta via associations with receptor-bound Jak kinases (4). Unlike other Stat proteins, Stat2 does not form homodimers. Instead, activated Stat2 forms a heterodimer with Stat1 and translocates to the nucleus. There, it associates with the DNA-binding protein p48 and forms the transcriptional activator complex, interferon-stimulated gene factor 3 (ISGF3), promoting transcription from the ISRE (5).
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.