News from the Bench
Discover what’s going on at CST, receive our latest application notes and tips, read our science features, and learn about our products.
To Purchase # 14017S
|14017S||400 µl (40 immunoprecipitations)||$299.00.0|
Find answers on our FAQs page.
- Additional protein information
- Analytical tools
Phospho-Tyrosine (P-Tyr-1000) MultiMab™ Rabbit mAb mix (Magnetic Bead Conjugate) #14017
Immunoprecipitation of phospho-tyrosine proteins from A-431 cell extracts, untreated (-) or treated with Human Epidermal Growth Factor (hEGF) #8916 (100 ng/ml, 5 min; +), using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control (Magnetic Bead Conjugate) #8726 (lanes 3 and 4), or Phospho-Tyrosine (P-Tyr-1000) MultiMab™ Rabbit mAb mix (Magnetic Bead Conjugate) (Lanes 5 and 6). Western blot analysis was performed using Phospho-Tyrosine (P-Tyr-1000) MultiMab™ Rabbit mAb mix (HRP Conjugate) #12695. Lanes 1 and 2 are 10% input.Learn more about how we get our images
Gallery: Phospho-Tyrosine (P-Tyr-1000) MultiMab™ Rabbit mAb mix (Magnetic Bead Conjugate) #14017
Immunoprecipitation for Analysis by Western Blotting
This protocol is intended for immunoprecipitation of native proteins for analysis by western immunoblot or kinase activity.
A. Solutions and Reagents
NOTE: Prepare solutions with reverse osmosis deionized (RODI) or equivalently purified water.
- 20X Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS): (#9808).
10X Cell Lysis Buffer: (#9803) 20 mM Tris (pH 7.5), 150 mM NaCl, 1 mM EDTA, 1 mM EGTA, 1% Triton X-100, 2.5 mM Sodium pyrophosphate, 1 mM β-glycerophosphate, 1 mM Na3VO4, 1 μg/ml Leupeptin
NOTE: CST recommends adding 1 mM PMSF (#8553) before use*.
- 3X SDS Sample Buffer: (#7722) 187.5 mM Tris-HCl (pH 6.8 at 25°C), 6% w/v SDS, 30% glycerol, 150 mM DTT, 0.03% w/v bromophenol blue
- 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack: (#7017).
- 10X Kinase Buffer (for kinase assays): (#9802) To Prepare 1 ml of 1X kinase buffer, add 100 µl 10X kinase buffer to 900 µl dH2O, mix.
- ATP (10 mM) (for kinase assays): (#9804) To prepare 0.5 ml of ATP (200 µM), add 10 µl ATP (10 mM) to 490 µl 1X kinase buffer.
B. Preparing Cell Lysates
- Aspirate media. Treat cells by adding fresh media containing regulator for desired time.
- To harvest cells under nondenaturing conditions, remove media and rinse cells once with ice-cold PBS.
- Remove PBS and add 0.5 ml 1X ice-cold cell lysis buffer to each plate (10 cm) and incubate the plates on ice for 5 minutes.
- Scrape cells off the plates and transfer to microcentrifuge tubes. Keep on ice.
- Sonicate samples on ice three times for 5 seconds each.
- Microcentrifuge for 10 minutes at 4°C, 14,000 x g, and transfer the supernatant to a new tube. If necessary, lysate can be stored at –80°C.
- Take 200 μl cell lysate and add 10 µl of the immobilized antibody, incubate with rotation overnight at 4°C.
- Wash pellet by using magnetic rack to pellet beads, then discard supernatant once completely clear and add 500 µl of 1X cell lysis buffer, vortex to resuspend and wash the beads, repeat 4 more times for a total of 5 washes.
- Proceed to sample analysis by western blotting or kinase activity (section D).
D. Sample Analysis
Proceed to one of the following specific set of steps.
For Analysis by Western Immunoblotting
- Resuspend the pellet with 20 µl 3X SDS sample buffer. Vortex, then microcentrifuge for 30 sec at 14,000 x g.
- Heat the sample to 95–100°C for 2-5 min and microcentrifuge for 1 min at 14,000 x g.
- Load the sample (15–30 µl) on a 4–20% gel for SDS-PAGE.
- Analyze sample by western blot (see Western Immunoblotting Protocol).
NOTE: To minimize masking caused by denatured IgG heavy chains (~50 kDa), we recommend using Mouse Anti-Rabbit IgG (Light-Chain Specific) (L57A3) mAb (#3677) or Mouse Anti-Rabbit IgG (Conformation Specific) (L27A9) mAb (#3678) (or HRP conjugate #5127). To minimize masking caused by denatured IgG light chains (~25 kDa), we recommend using Mouse Anti-Rabbit IgG (Conformation Specific) (L27A9) mAb (#3678) (or HRP conjugate #5127).
For Analysis by Kinase Assay
- Wash pellet by using magnetic rack to pellet beads, then discard supernatant once completely clear and add 500 Âµl of 1X kinase buffer, vortex to resuspend and wash the beads, repeat 1 more time for a total of 2 washes. Keep on ice during washes.
- Suspend pellet in 40 µl 1X kinase buffer supplemented with 200 µM ATP and appropriate substrate.
- Incubate for 30 min at 30°C.
- Terminate reaction with 20 µl 3X SDS sample buffer. Vortex, then microcentrifuge for 30 sec.
- Transfer supernatant containing phosphorylated substrate to another tube.
- Heat the sample to 95–100°C for 2–5 min and microcentrifuge for 1 min at 14,000 x g.
- Load the sample (15–30 µl) on SDS-PAGE (4–20%).
posted December 2007
Phospho-Tyrosine (P-Tyr-1000) MultiMab™ Rabbit mAb mix (Magnetic Bead Conjugate) recognizes a broad range of tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins and peptides. This antibody does not cross-react with proteins or peptides containing phospho-Ser or phospho-Thr residues.Species Reactivity: All Species Expected
MultiMab™ rabbit monoclonal mix antibodies are prepared by combining individual rabbit monoclonal clones in optimized ratios for the approved applications. Each antibody in the mix is carefully selected based on motif recognition and performance in multiple assays. Each mix is engineered to yield the broadest possible coverage of the modification being studied while ensuring a high degree of specificity for the modification or motif.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is immobilized by the covalent reaction of formylbenzamide-modified antibody with hydrazide-activated magnetic bead.
Phospho-Tyrosine (P-Tyr-1000) Rabbit mAb (Magnetic Bead Conjugate) is useful for immunoprecipitation assays. This antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated Phospho-Tyrosine (P-Tyr-1000) MultiMab™ Rabbit mAb mix #8954.
Tyrosine phosphorylation plays a key role in cellular signaling (1). Research studies have shown that in cancer, unregulated tyrosine kinase activity can drive malignancy and tumor formation by generating inappropriate proliferation and survival signals (2). Antibodies specific for phospho-tyrosine (3,4) have been invaluable reagents in these studies. The phospho-tyrosine monoclonal antibodies developed by Cell Signaling Technology are exceptionally sensitive tools for studying tyrosine phosphorylation and monitoring tyrosine kinase activity in high throughput drug discovery.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. MultiMab is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.