Upstream / Downstream
Explore pathways related to this product.
the purchase of 3 or more products
To Purchase # 45159S
|45159S||400 µl (40 immunoprecipitations)||$299.00.0|
Find answers on our FAQs page.
- Additional protein information
- Analytical tools
SV40 Large T Antigen (D1E9E) Rabbit mAb (Sepharose® Bead Conjugate) #45159
Immunoprecipitation of extracts from 293 cells (lane 1 and 3) or 293T cells (lane 2 and 4) using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control (Sepharose® Bead Conjugate) #3423 (lane 1 and 2) or SV40 Large T Antigen (D1E9E) Rabbit mAb (Sepharose® Bead Conjugate) (lane 3 and 4). Lanes 5 and 6 are 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using SV40 Large T Antigen (D1E9E) Rabbit mAb #15729 as the primary antibody and was visualized using Mouse Anti-rabbit IgG (Conformation Specific) (L27A9) mAb (HRP Conjugate) #5127.Learn more about how we get our images
Gallery: SV40 Large T Antigen (D1E9E) Rabbit mAb (Sepharose® Bead Conjugate) #45159
Immunoprecipitation for Analysis by Western Blotting
This protocol is intended for immunoprecipitation of native proteins for analysis by western immunoblot or kinase activity.
A. Solutions and Reagents
NOTE: Prepare solutions with reverse osmosis deionized (RODI) or equivalently purified water.
- 20X Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS): (#9808).
10X Cell Lysis Buffer: (#9803) 20 mM Tris (pH 7.5), 150 mM NaCl, 1 mM EDTA, 1 mM EGTA, 1% Triton X-100, 2.5 mM Sodium pyrophosphate, 1 mM β-glycerophosphate, 1 mM Na3VO4, 1 μg/ml Leupeptin
NOTE: CST recommends adding 1 mM PMSF (#8553) before use*.
- 3X SDS Sample Buffer: (#7722) 187.5 mM Tris-HCl (pH 6.8 at 25°C), 6% w/v SDS, 30% glycerol, 150 mM DTT, 0.03% w/v bromophenol blue
- 10X Kinase Buffer (for kinase assays): (#9802) To Prepare 1 ml of 1X kinase buffer, add 100 µl 10X kinase buffer to 900 µl dH2O, mix.
- ATP (10 mM) (for kinase assays): (#9804) To prepare 0.5 ml of ATP (200 µM), add 10 µl ATP (10 mM) to 490 µl 1X kinase buffer.
B. Preparing Cell Lysates
- Aspirate media. Treat cells by adding fresh media containing regulator for desired time.
- To harvest cells under nondenaturing conditions, remove media and rinse cells once with ice-cold PBS.
- Remove PBS and add 0.5 ml 1X ice-cold cell lysis buffer to each plate (10 cm) and incubate the plates on ice for 5 minutes.
- Scrape cells off the plates and transfer to microcentrifuge tubes. Keep on ice.
- Sonicate samples on ice three times for 5 seconds each.
- Microcentrifuge for 10 minutes at 4°C, 14,000 x g, and transfer the supernatant to a new tube. If necessary, lysate can be stored at –80°C.
- Take 200 μl cell lysate and add 10 μl of the immobilized antibody, incubate with rotation overnight at 4°C.
- Microcentrifuge for 30 seconds at 4°C. Wash pellet five times with 500 μl of 1X cell lysis buffer. Keep on ice during washes.
- Proceed to sample analysis by western blotting or kinase activity (section D).
D. Sample Analysis
Proceed to one of the following specific set of steps.
For Analysis by Western Immunoblotting
- Resuspend the pellet with 20 µl 3X SDS sample buffer. Vortex, then microcentrifuge for 30 sec at 14,000 x g.
- Heat the sample to 95–100°C for 2-5 min and microcentrifuge for 1 min at 14,000 x g.
- Load the sample (15–30 µl) on a 4–20% gel for SDS-PAGE.
- Analyze sample by western blot (see Western Immunoblotting Protocol).
NOTE: To minimize masking caused by denatured IgG heavy chains (~50 kDa), we recommend using Mouse Anti-Rabbit IgG (Light-Chain Specific) (L57A3) mAb (#3677) or Mouse Anti-Rabbit IgG (Conformation Specific) (L27A9) mAb (#3678) (or HRP conjugate #5127). To minimize masking caused by denatured IgG light chains (~25 kDa), we recommend using Mouse Anti-Rabbit IgG (Conformation Specific) (L27A9) mAb (#3678) (or HRP conjugate #5127).
For Analysis by Kinase Assay
- Wash pellet twice with 500 µl 1X kinase buffer. Keep on ice.
- Suspend pellet in 40 µl 1X kinase buffer supplemented with 200 µM ATP and appropriate substrate.
- Incubate for 30 min at 30°C.
- Terminate reaction with 20 µl 3X SDS sample buffer. Vortex, then microcentrifuge for 30 sec.
- Transfer supernatant containing phosphorylated substrate to another tube.
- Heat the sample to 95–100°C for 2–5 min and microcentrifuge for 1 min at 14,000 x g.
- Load the sample (15–30 µl) on SDS-PAGE (4–20%).
posted December 2007
SV40 Large T Antigen (D1E9E) Rabbit mAb (Sepharose® Bead Conjugate) recognizes transgenic levels of total SV40 Large T Antigen protein.Species Reactivity: All Species Expected
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys315 of SV40 Large T Antigen protein.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is immobilized via covalent binding of primary amino groups to N-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS)-activated Sepharose® beads.
SV40 Large T Antigen (D1E9E) Rabbit mAb (Sepharose® Bead Conjugate) is useful for immunoprecipitation assays. The antibody is expected to exhibit the same cross-species reactivity as the unconjugated SV40 Large T Antigen (D1E9E) Rabbit mAb #15729.
Simian Virus 40 (SV40) is a small double-stranded, circular DNA tumor virus encoding three tumor antigens: large T, Small T, and 17KT. These antigens contribute to cellular transformation, an area of research where they are utilized extensively. Transformation of cells by SV40 large T antigen is mediated by its binding to the tumor suppressor proteins RB and p53 in the nucleus. Additional binding partners include p300, CBP, Cul7, IRS1, Bub1, Nbs1, and Fbw7, which also contribute to transformation (1).
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. Sepharose is a registered trademark of GE Healthcare.