Upstream / Downstream
Explore pathways related to this product.
Our U.S. Offices Are Closed
Our U.S. offices are closed in observance of Memorial Day. We will reopen on Tuesday, May 30th.
Thank you for your patience.
To Purchase # 78226S
|78226S||100 µl (50 tests)||$329.00.0|
Find answers on our FAQs page.
- Additional protein information
- Analytical tools
TIM-3 (D5D5R™) XP® Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate) #78226
Gallery: TIM-3 (D5D5R™) XP® Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate) #78226
Flow Cytometry Protocol for TIM-3 (D5D5R) XP® Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #67761
A. Solutions and Reagents
- 1X Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS): Dissolve 8 g NaCl, 0.2 g KCl, 1.44 g Na2HPO4, and 0.24 g KH2PO4 in 800 ml distilled water (dH2O). Adjust the pH to 7.4 with HCl and the volume to 1 liter with dH2O. Store at room temperature.
- Incubation Buffer: Dissolve 0.5 g bovine serum albumin (BSA) in 100 ml 1X PBS. Store at 4°C.
NOTE: Account for isotype matched controls for monoclonal antibodies or species matched IgG for polyclonal antibodies. Count cells using a hemacytometer or alternative method.
- Collect cells by centrifugation and aspirate supernatant.
- Aliquot 0.5–1 x 106 cells into each assay tube (by volume).
- Add 2–3 ml Incubation Buffer to each tube and rinse by centrifugation. Repeat.
- Resuspend cells in 100 µl Incubation Buffer per assay tube.
- Block in Incubation Buffer for 10 minutes on ice.
- Add the conjugated antibody at the appropriate dilution to the assay tubes (see individual antibody data sheet for the dilution recommendations).
- Incubate for 1 hour on ice.
- Rinse as before in Incubation Buffer by centrifugation.
- Resuspend cells in 0.5 ml PBS and analyze on flow cytometer.
revised April 2016
TIM-3 (D5D5R™) XP® Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate) recognizes endogenous levels of total TIM-3 protein.Species Reactivity: Human
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein specific to the extracellular domain of human TIM-3 protein.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 fluorescent dye and tested in-house for direct flow cytometric analysis in human cells. This antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated TIM-3 (D5D5R™) XP® Rabbit mAb #45208.
T cell Ig- and mucin-domain-containing molecules (TIMs) are a family of transmembrane proteins expressed by various immune cells. TIM-3 is an inhibitory molecule that is induced following T cell activation (1-3 ). TIM-3 is expressed by exhausted T cells in the settings of chronic infection and cancer (4,5), and tumor-infiltrating T cells that coexpress PD-1 and TIM-3 exhibit the most severe exhausted phenotype (5). Tumor-infiltrating dendritic cells (DCs) also express TIM-3. TIM-3 expression on DCs was found to suppress innate immunity by reducing the immunogenicity of nucleic acids released by dying tumor cells (6). Research studies show that heterodimerization of TIM-3 with CEACAM-1 is critical for the inhibitory function of TIM-3, and co-blockade of TIM-3 and CEACAM-1 enhanced antitumor responses in a mouse model of colorectal cancer (7). In addition, blockade of TIM-3 in mouse models of autoimmunity enhanced the severity of disease (1). Finally, binding of Galectin-9 to TIM-3 expressed by Th1 cells induces T cell death (8).
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. D5D5R is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology. Inc. The Alexa Fluor dye conjugates in this product are sold under license from Life Technologies Corporation, for research use only excluding use in combination with DNA microarrays and high content screening (HCS). This product is provided under an intellectual property license from Life Technologies Corporation. The transfer of this product is contingent on the buyer using the purchased product solely in research, including use with HCS or other automated imaging applications but excluding use in combination with DNA microarrays. The buyer must not sell or otherwise transfer this product or its components for (a) diagnostic, therapeutic or prophylactic purposes; (b) testing, analysis or screening services, or information in return for compensation on a per-test basis; (c) manufacturing or quality assurance or quality control, or (d) resale, whether or not resold for use in research. For information on purchasing a license to this product for purposes other than as described above, contact Life Technologies Corporation, 5791 Van Allen Way, Carlsbad, CA 92008 USA or firstname.lastname@example.org.