News from the Bench
Discover what’s going on at CST, receive our latest application notes and tips, read our science features, and learn about our products.
CST Antibody Performance Guarantee
To Purchase # 13953S
Find answers on our FAQs page.
- Additional protein information
- Analytical tools
Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (11-190 kDa) #13953
Gallery: Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (11-190 kDa) #13953
- Titration of Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (11-190 kDa) on a 4-20% Tris-glycine gradient SDS-polyacrylamide gel (left) and on a 10% Tris-glycine SDS-polyacrylamide gel (right).
Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (11-190 kDa) is a mixture of purified proteins covalently coupled to a blue dye that resolve to a series of 11 bands between 11 and 190 kDa following electrophoresis. The protein concentrations are carefully balanced for even intensity. The covalent coupling of the dye to the proteins affects their electrophoretic behavior in SDS-PAGE gels relative to unstained proteins.
Important: Do Not Boil Protein Marker
1. Thaw the protein ladder on ice.
2. Gently vortex solution to ensure the mixture is homogeneous.
3. Load the appropriate volume of the protein marker per lane. For visualizing during electrophoresis, use 5 µl for mini-gels and 10 µl for full-length gels.
4. Unused ladder may be returned to -20ºC for long-term storage.
Note on Apparent Molecular Weights:
The relative sizes of these protein markers may depend on the type of gel used and may appear different than expected. The coupling of a charged dye molecule to a protein marker alters the overall charge of the protein and will likely alter its mobility in an SDS polyacrylamide gel. The extent of this effect can vary with the properties of the gel type (e.g., Tris-glycine, Tris-Tricine, etc) used in the analysis. For this reason, the sizes of these marker proteins are expressed here as apparent molecular weights. For best results, we recommend using these prestained protein markers on a Tris-glycine SDS gel.Storage: Supplied in 20 mM Tris-phosphate (pH 7.5 at 25ºC), 3.6 M Urea, 2% (w/v) SDS, 0.2 mM DTT, and 15% glycerol. Store at -20ºC. Contains approximately 0.2 mg/ml of each protein.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.