Upstream / Downstream
Explore pathways related to this product.
the purchase of 3 or more products
To Purchase # 43861S
|43861S||100 µl (100 tests)||$246.00.0|
Find answers on our FAQs page.
- Additional protein information
- Analytical tools
Napsin A (D2G1Y) Rabbit mAb (IF Formulated) #43861
Gallery: Napsin A (D2G1Y) Rabbit mAb (IF Formulated) #43861
A. Solutions and Reagents
NOTE: Prepare solutions with reverse osmosis deionized (RODI) or equivalently purified water.
- 20X Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS): (9808) To prepare 1L 1X PBS: add 50 ml 20X PBS to 950 ml dH2O, mix. Adjust pH to 8.0.
- Methanol, 100%
- Blocking Buffer (1X PBS / 5% normal serum / 0.3% Triton™ X-100): To prepare 10 ml, add 0.5 ml normal serum from the same species as the secondary antibody (e.g., Normal Goat Serum (#5425)) and 0.5 mL 20X PBS to 9.0 mL dH2O, mix well. While stirring, add 30 µl Triton™ X-100.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer (1X PBS / 1% BSA / 0.3% Triton X-100): To prepare 10 ml, add 30 µl Triton™ X-100 to 10 ml 1X PBS. Mix well then add 0.1 g BSA (9998), mix.
Recommended Fluorochrome-conjugated Anti-Rabbit secondary antibodies:
- Prolong® Gold AntiFade Reagent (#9071), Prolong® Gold AntiFade Reagent with DAPI (#8961).
B. Specimen Preparation - Cultured Cell Lines (IF-IC)
NOTE: Cells should be grown, treated, fixed and stained directly in multi-well plates, chamber slides or on coverslips.
- Aspirate liquid, then cover cells to a depth of 2–3 mm with ice-cold 100% methanol.
- Allow cells to fix for 15 minutes at -20°C.
- Aspirate fixative, rinse three times in 1X PBS for 5 minutes each.
- Proceed with Immunostaining (Section C).
NOTE: All subsequent incubations should be carried out at room temperature unless otherwise noted in a humid light-tight box or covered dish/plate to prevent drying and fluorochrome fading.
- Block specimen in Blocking Buffer for 60 minutes.
- While blocking, prepare primary antibody by diluting as indicated on datasheet in Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- Aspirate blocking solution, apply diluted primary antibody.
- Incubate overnight at 4°C.
- Rinse three times in 1X PBS for 5 minutes each.
- Incubate specimen in fluorochrome-conjugated secondary antibody diluted in Antibody Dilution Buffer for 1–2 hours at room temperature in dark.
- Rinse in 1X PBS as in step 5.
- Coverslip slides with Prolong® Gold Antifade Reagent (#9071), Prolong® Gold AntiFade Reagent with DAPI (#8961).
- For best results, examine specimens immediately using appropriate excitation wavelength. For long-term storage, store slides flat at 4°C protected from light.
posted December 2010
Napsin A (D2G1Y) Rabbit mAb (IF Formulated) recognizes endogenous levels of total napsin A protein.Species Reactivity: Human
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human napsin A protein.
Napsin A is an aspartic proteinase that is expressed in normal lung and kidney (1). In the lung, napsin A is expressed by type II pneumocytes and alveolar macrophages, where it plays a role in processing surfactant protein B (2). Napsin A is expressed in lung adenocarcinomas, where it can be used to identify primary and metastatic lesions with greater sensitivity compared to TTF-1 (3,4). Napsin A expression has also been described in other types of cancer, such as kidney and thyroid cancer (5).
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.