Upstream / Downstream
Explore pathways related to this product.
To Purchase # 87248S
|87248S||100 µl (10 western blots)||$246.00.0|
Find answers on our FAQs page.
- Additional protein information
- Analytical tools
NKCC2 (D5Q1H) Rabbit mAb (IF Formulated) #87248
Gallery: NKCC2 (D5Q1H) Rabbit mAb (IF Formulated) #87248
A. Solutions and Reagents
NOTE: Prepare solutions with reverse osmosis deionized (RODI) or equivalent grade water.
- 20X Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS): (9808) To prepare 1L 1X PBS: add 50 ml 20X PBS to 950 ml dH2O, mix. Adjust pH to 8.0.
- Formaldehyde: 16%, methanol free, Polysciences, Inc. (cat# 18814), use fresh and store opened vials at 4°C in dark, dilute in 1X PBS for use.
- Blocking Buffer: (1X PBS / 5% normal serum / 0.3% Triton™ X-100): To prepare 10 ml, add 0.5 ml normal serum from the same species as the secondary antibody (e.g., Normal Goat Serum (#5425) to 9.5 ml 1X PBS) and mix well. While stirring, add 30 µl Triton™ X-100.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer: (1X PBS / 1% BSA / 0.3% Triton™ X-100): To prepare 10 ml, add 30 µl Triton™ X-100 to 10 ml 1X PBS. Mix well then add 0.1 g BSA (#9998), mix.
Recommended Fluorochrome-conjugated Anti-Rabbit secondary antibodies:
- Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate) #4412
- Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 555 Conjugate) #4413
- Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 594 Conjugate) #8889
- Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate) #4414
NOTE: When using any primary or fluorochrome-conjugated secondary antibody for the first time, titrate the antibody to determine which dilution allows for the strongest specific signal with the least background for your sample.
- Prolong® Gold AntiFade Reagent (#9071), Prolong® Gold AntiFade Reagent with DAPI (#8961).
B. Specimen Preparation - Frozen/Cryostat Sections (IF-F)
- For fixed frozen tissue proceed with Immunostaining (Section C).
- For fresh, unfixed frozen tissue, please fix immediately, as follows:
Cover sections with 4% formaldehyde dilute in 1X PBS.
NOTE: Formaldehyde is toxic, use only in fume hood.
- Allow sections to fix for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Aspirate liquid, rinse three times in 1X PBS for 5 minutes each.
- Proceed with Immunostaining (Section C).
NOTE: All subsequent incubations should be carried out at room temperature unless otherwise noted in a humid light-tight box or covered dish/plate to prevent drying and fluorochrome fading.
- Block specimen in Blocking Buffer for 60 min.
- While blocking, prepare primary antibody by diluting as indicated on datasheet in Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- Aspirate blocking solution, apply diluted primary antibody.
- Incubate overnight at 4°C.
- Rinse three times in 1X PBS for 5 min each.
- Incubate specimen in fluorochrome-conjugated secondary antibody diluted in Antibody Dilution Buffer for 1–2 hr at room temperature in the dark.
- Rinse three times in 1X PBS for 5 min each.
- Coverslip slides with Prolong® Gold Antifade Reagent (#9071) or Prolong® Gold Antifade Reagent with DAPI (#8961).
- For best results, allow mountant to cure overnight at room temperature. For long-term storage, store slides flat at 4°C protected from light.
posted November 2006
revised July 2016
NKCC2 (D5Q1H) Rabbit mAb (IF Formulated) recognizes endogenous levels of total NKCC2 protein.Species Reactivity: Mouse Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human NKCC2 protein.
The Na-K-2Cl cotransporter (NKCC2) is a sodium-potassium-chloride cotransporter. It is mainly expressed on the luminal membrane of renal epithelial cells of the thick ascending limb of Henle's loop (TALH) and mediates the majority of NaCl resorption and concentration of urine (1,2). NKCC2 is the target for several diuretic drugs, such as bumetanide, and is involved in the pathogenesis of hypertension (3,4). Mutations in the NKCC2-encoding gene, SLC12A1, causes Bartter’s syndrome, which is featured by impaired salt reabsorption in the TALH, hypokalemic metabolic alkalosis, and hypercalciuria (5,6). Recently, NKCC2 was reported to be expressed in the brain hypothalamo-neurohypophyseal system (HNS) and upregulated upon osmotic stress (7).
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited. DyLight is a trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. and its subsidiaries.