News from the Bench
Discover what’s going on at CST, receive our latest application notes and tips, read our science features, and learn about our products.
Research More. Spend Less.
Spend $650 or more and get 20% off*
(*Offer valid in the US only. Expires June 30, 2017)
To Purchase # 8095S
|8095S||400 µl (40 immunoprecipitations)||$299.00.0|
Find answers on our FAQs page.
- Additional protein information
- Analytical tools
Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) (Magnetic Bead Conjugate) #8095
Immunoprecipitation of Jurkat cell extracts, untreated or pervanadate-treated, using Mouse IgG (Magnetic Bead Conjugate) #5873 (lanes 1 and 2) or Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) (Magnetic Bead Conjugate) (lanes 3 and 4). The western blot was probed using Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) (HRP Conjugate) #5465.Learn more about how we get our images
Gallery: Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) (Magnetic Bead Conjugate) #8095
Immunoprecipitation for Analysis by Western Blotting
This protocol is intended for immunoprecipitation of native proteins for analysis by western immunoblot or kinase activity.
A. Solutions and Reagents
NOTE: Prepare solutions with reverse osmosis deionized (RODI) or equivalently purified water.
- 20X Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS): (#9808).
10X Cell Lysis Buffer: (#9803) 20 mM Tris (pH 7.5), 150 mM NaCl, 1 mM EDTA, 1 mM EGTA, 1% Triton X-100, 2.5 mM Sodium pyrophosphate, 1 mM β-glycerophosphate, 1 mM Na3VO4, 1 μg/ml Leupeptin
NOTE: CST recommends adding 1 mM PMSF (#8553) before use*.
- 3X SDS Sample Buffer: (#7722) 187.5 mM Tris-HCl (pH 6.8 at 25°C), 6% w/v SDS, 30% glycerol, 150 mM DTT, 0.03% w/v bromophenol blue
- 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack: (#7017).
- 10X Kinase Buffer (for kinase assays): (#9802) To Prepare 1 ml of 1X kinase buffer, add 100 µl 10X kinase buffer to 900 µl dH2O, mix.
- ATP (10 mM) (for kinase assays): (#9804) To prepare 0.5 ml of ATP (200 µM), add 10 µl ATP (10 mM) to 490 µl 1X kinase buffer.
B. Preparing Cell Lysates
- Aspirate media. Treat cells by adding fresh media containing regulator for desired time.
- To harvest cells under nondenaturing conditions, remove media and rinse cells once with ice-cold PBS.
- Remove PBS and add 0.5 ml 1X ice-cold cell lysis buffer to each plate (10 cm) and incubate the plates on ice for 5 minutes.
- Scrape cells off the plates and transfer to microcentrifuge tubes. Keep on ice.
- Sonicate samples on ice three times for 5 seconds each.
- Microcentrifuge for 10 minutes at 4°C, 14,000 x g, and transfer the supernatant to a new tube. If necessary, lysate can be stored at –80°C.
- Take 200 μl cell lysate and add 10 µl of the immobilized antibody, incubate with rotation overnight at 4°C.
- Wash pellet by using magnetic rack to pellet beads, then discard supernatant once completely clear and add 500 µl of 1X cell lysis buffer, vortex to resuspend and wash the beads, repeat 4 more times for a total of 5 washes.
- Proceed to sample analysis by western blotting or kinase activity (section D).
D. Sample Analysis
Proceed to one of the following specific set of steps.
For Analysis by Western Immunoblotting
- Resuspend the pellet with 20 µl 3X SDS sample buffer. Vortex, then microcentrifuge for 30 sec at 14,000 x g.
- Heat the sample to 95–100°C for 2-5 min and microcentrifuge for 1 min at 14,000 x g.
- Load the sample (15–30 µl) on a 4–20% gel for SDS-PAGE.
- Analyze sample by western blot (see Western Immunoblotting Protocol).
NOTE: To minimize masking caused by denatured IgG heavy chains (~50 kDa), we recommend using Mouse Anti-Rabbit IgG (Light-Chain Specific) (L57A3) mAb (#3677) or Mouse Anti-Rabbit IgG (Conformation Specific) (L27A9) mAb (#3678) (or HRP conjugate #5127). To minimize masking caused by denatured IgG light chains (~25 kDa), we recommend using Mouse Anti-Rabbit IgG (Conformation Specific) (L27A9) mAb (#3678) (or HRP conjugate #5127).
For Analysis by Kinase Assay
- Wash pellet by using magnetic rack to pellet beads, then discard supernatant once completely clear and add 500 Âµl of 1X kinase buffer, vortex to resuspend and wash the beads, repeat 1 more time for a total of 2 washes. Keep on ice during washes.
- Suspend pellet in 40 µl 1X kinase buffer supplemented with 200 µM ATP and appropriate substrate.
- Incubate for 30 min at 30°C.
- Terminate reaction with 20 µl 3X SDS sample buffer. Vortex, then microcentrifuge for 30 sec.
- Transfer supernatant containing phosphorylated substrate to another tube.
- Heat the sample to 95–100°C for 2–5 min and microcentrifuge for 1 min at 14,000 x g.
- Load the sample (15–30 µl) on SDS-PAGE (4–20%).
posted December 2007
Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) (Magnetic Bead Conjugate) contains high affinity beads. ELISAs against a wide variety of phosphopeptides indicate that P-Tyr-100 binds phospho-Tyr in a manner largely independent of the surrounding amino acid sequence. 2D gel western blot analysis of pervanadate-treated cell extracts shows that P-Tyr-100 interacts with a broad range of tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins. P-Tyr-100 does not cross-react with peptides containing phospho-Ser or phospho-Thr. (U.S. Patent No's.: 6,441,140; 6,982,318; 7,259,022; 7,344,714; U.S.S.N. 11,484,485; and all foreign equivalents.)Species Reactivity: Human, Mouse, Rat, All Species Expected
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with phospho-tyrosine containing peptides.
This Cell Signaling Technology (CST) antibody is immobilized by the covalent reaction of hydrazinonicotinamide-modifed antibody with formylbenzamide-modified magnetic bead. Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) (Magnetic Bead Conjugate) is useful for immunoprecipitation assays. The unconjugated Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) #9411 reacts with all species of phospho-tyrosine protein. CST expects that Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) (Magnetic Bead Conjugate) will also recognize phospho proteins in all species.
Tyrosine phosphorylation plays a key role in cellular signaling (1). Research studies have shown that in cancer, unregulated tyrosine kinase activity can drive malignancy and tumor formation by generating inappropriate proliferation and survival signals (2). Antibodies specific for phospho-tyrosine (3,4) have been invaluable reagents in these studies. The phospho-tyrosine monoclonal antibodies developed by Cell Signaling Technology are exceptionally sensitive tools for studying tyrosine phosphorylation and monitoring tyrosine kinase activity in high throughput drug discovery.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. Use of Cell Signaling Technology (CST) Motif Antibodies within certain methods (e.g., U.S. Patents No. 7,198,896 and 7,300,753) may require a license from CST. For information regarding academic licensing terms please have your technology transfer office contact CST Legal Department at CST_ip@cellsignal.com. For information regarding commercial licensing terms please contact CST Pharma Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.