What are cookies?
Cookies are text files, containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your browsing device (such as, but not limited to a computer, tablet or smartphone) when you visit our site. We use such cookies to ensure that the website can be used as intended by us. Cookies can be recognized by the website that downloaded them - or other websites that use the same cookies. This helps websites know if the browsing device has visited them before.
What are cookies used for?
- to remember information you fill in on various pages during the process so you do not have to re-enter your details
- to pass on information from one page to the next, e.g. when you are completing a long survey or when you have to fill in a lot of details for an online order
- to store preferences such as language, location, etc.
- to store settings for an optimal display, such as the buffer size and resolution of your monitor
- to read your browser settings to ensure the optimal display of our website on your monitor
- to detect abuse of our website and services, e.g. by registering the number of subsequent failed login attempts
- to balance the website load to ensure our site remains available
- to offer the option to store login details so you will not have to re-enter the same information over and over again
- to allow you the option to respond on our website
What types of cookies are used by CST?
The types of cookies used on our site can generally be put into one of the following categories and purposes: strictly necessary; analytics; functionality; advertising; and social media. You can find out more about each of the cookie categories in the table below.
You can see a list of some of the specific cookies which are most frequently used by us in the section below entitled "Cookies used by CST".
How long will cookies stay on my browsing device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your browsing device depends on whether it is a "persistent" or "session" cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your browsing device after you have finished browsing until they expire or are deleted. Details of "persistent" and "session" cookies set through our website can be found in the section below entitled "Cookies used by CST".
First and third-party cookies
"First party cookies" are cookies that belong to us and that we place on your device. "Third-party cookies" are cookies that another party places on your browsing device when you visit our site.
How to manage cookies from this site
You can find out more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Some third parties may use Advertising Cookies to help gather information about your browsing activity so that they can deliver website advertising to you that is relevant to your interests. To opt-out from other companies that provide online behavioral advertising services, you can opt-out at the following online advertising industry website: The Digital Advertising Alliance Website, www.aboutads.info or the European Digital Advertising Alliance Website, www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Information about the cookies used by us may be updated from time to time, so please check back on a regular basis for any changes. New cookies may be added to the tables above but the types of cookies used on our site will fall within one of the categories of: strictly necessary; analytics; functionality; advertising; and social media.
The last modification date of this document is shown at the bottom of this page.