Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
SMARCC1/BAF155 (D7F8S) Rabbit mAb #11956
|11956S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|11956||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||155||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Specificity / Sensitivity
SMARCC1/BAF155 (D7F8S) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total SMARCC1/BAF155 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly975 of human SMARCC1/BAF155 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using SMARCC1/BAF155 (D7F8S) Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of SMARCC1/BAF155 from HeLa cell extracts using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or SMARCC1/BAF155 (D7F8S) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using SMARCC1/BAF155 (D7F8S) Rabbit mAb.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 MCF7 cells, grown in phenol red-free medium and 5% charcoal-stripped FBS for 4 d followed by treatment with β-estradiol (10 nM, 45 min), and either 5 μl of SMARCC1/BAF155 (D7F8S) Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human ESR1 Promoter Primers #9673, SimpleChIP® Human pS2 Promoter Primers #9702, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling complexes play an essential role in the regulation of nuclear processes such as transcription and DNA replication and repair (1,2). The SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex consists of more than 10 subunits and contains a single molecule of either BRM or BRG1 as the ATPase catalytic subunit. The activity of the ATPase subunit disrupts histone-DNA contacts and changes the accessibility of crucial regulatory elements to the chromatin. The additional core and accessory subunits play a scaffolding role to maintain stability and provide surfaces for interaction with various transcription factors and chromatin (2-5). The interactions between SWI/SNF subunits and transcription factors, such as nuclear receptors, p53, Rb, BRCA1, and MyoD, facilitate recruitment of the complex to target genes for regulation of gene activation, cell growth, cell cycle, and differentiation processes (1,6-9).
SMARCC1/BAF155 is one of the core subunits of the SWI/SNF complex, which is necessary for efficient nucleosome remodeling by BRG1 in vitro (10). SMARCC1 is an essential part of the mouse embryonic stem cell specific SWI/SNF complex (esBAF), which is necessary for early embryogenesis, especially proper brain and visceral endoderm development (11-13).
- Ho, L. and Crabtree, G.R. (2010) Nature 463, 474-84.
- Becker, P.B. and Hörz, W. (2002) Annu Rev Biochem 71, 247-73.
- Eberharter, A. and Becker, P.B. (2004) J Cell Sci 117, 3707-11.
- Bowman, G.D. (2010) Curr Opin Struct Biol 20, 73-81.
- Gangaraju, V.K. and Bartholomew, B. (2007) Mutat Res 618, 3-17.
- Lessard, J.A. and Crabtree, G.R. (2010) Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 26, 503-32.
- Morettini, S. et al. (2008) Front Biosci 13, 5522-32.
- Wolf, I.M. et al. (2008) J Cell Biochem 104, 1580-6.
- Simone, C. (2006) J Cell Physiol 207, 309-14.
- Phelan, M.L. et al. (1999) Mol Cell 3, 247-53.
- Han, D. et al. (2008) Dev Biol 315, 136-46.
- Kim, J.K. et al. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 7787-95.
- Schaniel, C. et al. (2009) Stem Cells 27, 2979-91.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 3508 Brg1 (A52) Antibody
- 3514 Brg1 (P680) Antibody
- 6889 BRM Antibody
- 8829 SMARCC2/BAF170 Antibody
- 8745 SNF5 (D9C2) Rabbit mAb
- 9673 SimpleChIP® Human ESR1 Promoter Primers
- 9702 SimpleChIP® Human pS2 Promoter Primers
- 4486 SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.