Product Pathways - TGF-beta/Smad Signaling
Phospho-Smad1/5 (Ser463/465) (D5B10) Rabbit mAb (ChIP formulated) #11971
|11971S||100 µl (10 immunoprecipitations)||---||In Stock||---|
|11971||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Applications Key: ChIP=Chromatin IP
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat, Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Smad1/5 (Ser463/465) (D5B10) Rabbit mAb (ChIP formulated) recognizes endogenous levels of Smad1 and Smad5 protein when phosphorylated at Ser463/465.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser463/465 of human Smad1 and Smad5 protein.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 MCF7 cells treated with Human BMP2 #4697 (50 ng/ml) for 1 hr and either 5 μl of Phospho-Smad1/5 (Ser463/465) (D5B10) Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human ID1 Promoter Primers #5139, human SMAD6 promoter primers, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) constitute a large family of signaling molecules that regulate a wide range of critical processes including morphogenesis, cell-fate determination, proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis (1,2). BMP receptors are members of the TGF-β family of Ser/Thr kinase receptors. Ligand binding induces multimerization, autophosphorylation, and activation of these receptors (3-5). They subsequently phosphorylate Smad1 at Ser463 and Ser465 in the carboxy-terminal motif SSXS, as well as Smad5 and Smad8 at their corresponding sites. These phosphorylated Smads dimerize with the coactivating Smad4 and translocate to the nucleus, where they stimulate transcription of target genes (5).
MAP kinases and CDKs 8 and 9 phosphorylate residues in the linker region of Smad1, including Ser206. The phosphorylation of Ser206 recruits Smurf1 to the linker region and leads to the degradation of Smad1 (6). Phosphorylation of this site also promotes Smad1 transcriptional action by recruiting YAP to the linker region (7).
- Hogan, B.L. et al. (1996) Genes Dev. 10, 1580-1594.
- Hoodless, P.A. et al. (1996) Cell 85, 489-500.
- Klemm, J.D. et al. (1998) Annu. Rev. Immunol. 16, 569-592.
- Kretzschmar, M. et al. (1997) Genes Dev. 11, 984-995.
- Whitman, M. (1998) Genes Dev. 12, 2445-2462.
- Sapkota, G. et al. (2007) Mol Cell 25, 441-54.
- Alarcón, C. et al. (2009) Cell 139, 757-69.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9516 Phospho-Smad1/5 (Ser463/465) (41D10) Rabbit mAb
- 9576 Phospho-Smad1/5 (Ser463/465) (41D10) Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated)
- 6944 Smad1 (D59D7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9743 Smad1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 5139 SimpleChIP® Human ID1 Promoter Primers
- 4486 SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.