Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
|12060S||500 µg||---||In Stock||---|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- 378.43 g/mol
Directions For Use
Gö6976 is supplied as a lyophilized powder. For a 1 mM stock, reconstitute the 500 µg in 1.32 ml DMSO. Working concentrations and length of treatment can vary depending on the desired effect, but it is typically used as a pretreatment at 0.1-10 µM for 0.5-1 hr prior to treating with a stimulator or is used alone with varying treatment times lasting up to 24 hr. Soluble in DMSO at 25 mg/ml; very poorly soluble in ethanol and water with maximum solubility in water at ~1-5 µM.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat cells, serum-starved overnight and untreated or treated with TPA #4174 (100 nM, 15 min) either with or without Gö6976 pretreatment (1 hr) at the indicated concentrations, using Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (81E11) Rabbit mAb #4668 (upper) or SAPK/JNK (56G8) Rabbit mAb #9258 (lower).
Gö6976 is an ATP-competitive PKC inhibitor specific for Ca2+-dependent PKCα (IC50 = 2.3 nM) and PKCβ1 (IC50 = 6.2 nM) isozymes (1). It is also a potent inhibitor of PKD (IC50 = 20 nM) (2). Researchers have demonstrated that Gö6976 blocks JNK activation (3-5) and inhibits PKCα-mediated, TPA-stimulated phosphorylation of CREB at Ser133 (6,7). Gö6976 is also an effective inhibitor of the tyrosine kinases Jak2 and FLT3 (8), as well as TrkA and TrkB (9).
- Martiny-Baron, G. et al. (1993) J Biol Chem 268, 9194-7.
- Gschwendt, M. et al. (1996) FEBS Lett 392, 77-80.
- López-Bergami, P. et al. (2005) Mol Cell 19, 309-20.
- Wen, J. et al. (2011) J Neuroinflammation 8, 38.
- Lemonnier, J. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 259-64.
- Chung, Y.W. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 29681-90.
- Paruchuri, S. and Sjölander, A. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 45577-85.
- Grandage, V.L. et al. (2006) Br J Haematol 135, 303-16.
- Behrens, M.M. et al. (1999) J Neurochem 72, 919-24.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.