Product Pathways - Adhesion
Paxillin (D9G12) Rabbit mAb #12065
|12065S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12065||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human||Endogenous||54, 62, 68||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Paxillin (D9G12) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total paxillin protein. The antibody recognizes all isoforms of human paxillin.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys193 of human paxillin protein.
Paxillin is a multidomain protein that localizes primarily to focal adhesion sites in the extracellular matrix (1). Paxillin is one of the key components of integrin signaling, and tyrosine phosphorylation of paxillin is required for integrin-mediated cytoskeletal reorganization (2). Paxillin is phosphorylated by another focal adhesion component, focal adhesion kinase (FAK), at Tyr118 (3,4). Phospho-FAK (Tyr118) may provide a docking site for recruitment of other signaling molecules to focal adhesions. It has been shown that the SH2 domain of Crk binds to the phosphorylated Tyr118 of paxillin (5).
- Turner, C.E. (2000) J. Cell Sci. 113, 4139-4140.
- Burridge, K. et al. (1992) J. Cell Biol. 119, 893-903.
- Bellis, S. L. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 17437-17441.
- Bellis, S. L. et al. (1997) Biochem. J. 325, 375-381.
- Schaller, M.D. and Parsons, J.T. (1995) Mol. Cell. Biol. 15, 2635-2645.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2541 Phospho-Paxillin (Tyr118) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.