Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
MCM2 (1E7) Mouse mAb #12079
|12079S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12079||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||125||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
MCM2 (1E7) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total MCM2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein specific to the amino terminus of human MCM2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using MCM2 (1E7) Mouse mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of MCM2 from Jurkat cell extracts using Mouse (G3A1) mAb IgG1 Isotype Control #5415 (lane 2) or MCM2 (1E7) Mouse mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using MCM2 (1E7) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using MCM2 (1E7) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lymph node using MCM2 (1E7) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human ovarian carcinoma using MCM2 (1E7) Mouse mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells using MCM2 (1E7) Mouse mAb (green) and β-Actin (13E5) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate) #8584.
The minichromosome maintenance (MCM) 2-7 proteins are a family of six related proteins required for initiation and elongation of DNA replication. MCM2-7 bind together to form the heterohexameric MCM complex that is thought to act as a replicative helicase at the DNA replication fork (1-5). This complex is a key component of the pre-replication complex (pre-RC) (reviewed in 1). Cdc6 and CDT1 recruit the MCM complex to the origin recognition complex (ORC) during late mitosis/early G1 phase forming the pre-RC and licensing the DNA for replication (reviewed in 2). Licensing of the chromatin permits the DNA to replicate only once per cell cycle, thereby helping to ensure that genetic alterations and malignant cell growth do not occur (reviewed in 3). Phosphorylation of the MCM2, MCM3, MCM4, and MCM6 subunits appears to regulate MCM complex activity and the initiation of DNA synthesis (6-8). CDK1 phosphorylation of MCM3 at Ser112 during late mitosis/early G1 phase has been shown to initiate complex formation and chromatin loading in vitro (8). Phosphorylation of MCM2 at serine 139 by cdc7/dbf4 coincides with the initiation of DNA replication (9). MCM proteins are removed during DNA replication, causing chromatin to become unlicensed through inhibition of pre-RC reformation. Studies have shown that the MCM complex is involved in checkpoint control by protecting the structure of the replication fork and assisting in restarting replication by recruiting checkpoint proteins after arrest (reviewed in 3,10).
- Lei, M. and Tye, B.K. (2001) J Cell Sci 114, 1447-54.
- Lygerou, Z. and Nurse, P. (2000) Science 290, 2271-3.
- Forsburg, S.L. (2004) Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 68, 109-31.
- Tye, B.K. and Sawyer, S. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 34833-6.
- Labib, K. et al. (2000) Science 288, 1643-7.
- Charych, D.H. et al. (2008) J Cell Biochem 104, 1075-86.
- Masai, H. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 39249-61.
- Lin, D.I. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 105, 8079-84.
- Tsuji, T. et al. (2006) Mol Biol Cell 17, 4459-72.
- Bailis, J.M. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 1724-38.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8861 Phospho-MCM2 (Ser139) Antibody
- 3619 MCM2 (D7G11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4731 ORC1 (7A7) Rat mAb
- 3735 MCM7 (D10A11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4003 MCM3 (D47B6) Rabbit mAb
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 8125 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Mouse)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.