Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-DARPP-32 (Thr34) (D27A4) Rabbit mAb #12438
|12438S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12438||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-DARPP-32 (Thr34) (D27A4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of DARPP-32 only when phosphorylated at Thr34.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr34 of human DARPP-32 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from MKN-45 cells, untreated (-) or treated with Forskolin #3828 (30 μM, 20 min; +), or nonphospho-DARPP-32 and phospho-DARPP-32 (Thr34) recombinant proteins using Phospho-DARPP-32 (Thr34) (D27A4) Rabbit mAb (upper) or DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb #2306 (lower).
DARPP-32 (dopamine and cyclic AMP-regulated phosphoprotein, relative molecular mass 32,000) is a cytosolic protein highly enriched in medium-sized spiny neurons of the neostriatum (1). It is a bifunctional signaling molecule that controls serine/threonine kinase and serine/threonine phosphatase activity (2). Dopamine stimulates phosphorylation of DARPP-32 through D1 receptors and activation of PKA. PKA phosphorylation of DARPP-32 at Thr34 converts it into an inhibitor of protein phosphatase 1 (1). DARPP-32 is converted into an inhibitor of PKA when phosphorylated at Thr75 by cyclin-dependent kinase 5 (CDK5) (2). Mice containing a targeted deletion of the DARPP-32 gene exhibit an altered biochemical, electrophysiological, and behavioral phenotype (3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2306 DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2506 CDK5 Antibody
- 9624 Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAb
- 5661 Phospho-PKA C (Thr197) (D45D3) Rabbit mAb
- 5842 PKA C-α (D38C6) Rabbit mAb
- 5675 PKA RI-α (D54D9) Rabbit mAb
- 3828 Forskolin
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.