Product Pathways - Adhesion
Kindlin-2 Antibody #13562
|13562S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13562||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||77||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Kindlin-2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total kindlin-2 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with kindlin-1 or kindlin-3 proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asn502 of human kindlin-2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, Saos-2, and MCF7 cells using Kindlin-2 Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human kindlin-1 protein (hKindlin-1-Myc/DDK; +), kindlin-2 protein (hKindlin-2-Myc/DDK; +) or kindlin-3 protein (hKindlin-3-Myc/DDK; +) protein, using Kindlin-2 Antibody (upper) or Myc-Tag (71D10) Rabbit mAb #2278 (lower).
The kindlin family of focal adhesion proteins is involved multiple biological processes, including integrin signaling, adhesion, migration, angiogenesis, differentiation, and mitotic spindle formation (1,2). Kindlin family members 1, 2, and 3 (FERM1, FERM2, and URP2) are differentially expressed in tissues. Kindlin-1 is primarily expressed in epithelial cells, kindlin-2 is ubiquitously expressed, and kindlin-3 expression is restricted to the hematopoietic system (3).
Kindlin-2 regulates integrin β3 mediated adhesion and migration (4,5) and contributes to Wnt signaling through interaction with β-catenin and activation of Wnt target genes (6).
Research studies indicate that kindlin-2 expression in pancreatic and gastric cancers may be indicative of poor prognosis (7,8) and that kindlin-2 may support invasiveness in breast cancer (9). Additional studies show that expression of kindlin-2 in prostate cancer cells can protect cells from cisplatin-induced cell death (10).
- Ye, F. and Petrich, B.G. (2011) Curr Opin Hematol 18, 356-60.
- Meves, A. et al. (2009) Trends Cell Biol 19, 504-13.
- Karaköse, E. et al. (2010) J Cell Sci 123, 2353-6.
- Ma, Y.Q. et al. (2008) J Cell Biol 181, 439-46.
- Bledzka, K. et al. (2010) J Biol Chem 285, 30370-4.
- Yu, Y. et al. (2012) EMBO Rep 13, 750-8.
- Mahawithitwong, P. et al. (2013) Pancreas 42, 663-9.
- Shen, Z. et al. (2012) Am J Surg 203, 222-9.
- Yu, Y. et al. (2013) Int J Cancer 133, 1368-79.
- Gong, X. et al. (2010) Cancer Lett 299, 54-62.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 13166 Integrin β3 (D7X3P) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.