Product Pathways - Protein Stability
UBLE1A/SAE1 Antibody #13585
|13585S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13585||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine, Dog, Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
UBLE1A/SAE1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total UBLE1A/SAE1 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with NAE1 or UBE1 proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys195 of human UBLE1A/SAE1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using UBLE1A/SAE1 Antibody.
Immunoprecipitation of UBLE1A/SAE1 from MCF7 cell extracts using Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 (lane 2) or UBLE1A/SAE1 Antibody (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using UBLE1A/SAE1 Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with constructs encoding Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human SAE1 protein (hSAE1-Myc/DDK; +), Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human NAE1 protein (hNAE1-Myc/DDK; +), or Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human UBE1 protein (hUBE1-Myc/DDK; +), using UBLE1A/SAE1 Antibody (upper) or DYKDDDK Tag Antibody #2368 (lower).
The process of SUMO conjugation to target proteins is similar to the molecular chain of events observed with ubiquitin (1). SUMO is conjugated to target proteins through the coordinated action of the cellular SUMO conjugation machinery, which consists of the E1, E2, and E3 enzymes (2). The canonical SUMO E1 activating enzyme is a heterodimer consisting of Ubiquitin-like 1-activating enzyme E1A (UBLE1A, SAE1) and UBLE1B (SAE2, UBA2) subunits. Mature SUMO is activated by E1 in an ATP-dependent reaction that generates adenylated SUMO, which functions as a high-energy intermediate in the formation of a thioester linkage between SUMO and Cys173 of SAE2 (3,4). SUMO is subsequently transferred from SAE2 to the SUMO E2 conjugating enzyme UBE2I (5). Research studies indicate that UBLE1A (SAE1) is a nuclear protein and c-Myc transcriptional target whose expression is required for Myc-driven tumorigenesis (6-8).
- Geiss-Friedlander, R. and Melchior, F. (2007) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 8, 947-56.
- Tatham, M.H. et al. (2003) Biochemistry 42, 9959-69.
- Desterro, J.M. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 10618-24.
- Gong, L. et al. (1999) FEBS Lett 448, 185-9.
- Desterro, J.M. et al. (1997) FEBS Lett 417, 297-300.
- Moutty, M.C. et al. (2011) Mol Biol Cell 22, 652-60.
- Amente, S. et al. (2012) Am J Cancer Res 2, 330-4.
- Kessler, J.D. et al. (2012) Science 335, 348-53.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8688 UBA2 (D15C11) Rabbit mAb
- 7646 SignalSilence® UBA2 siRNA I
- 7642 SignalSilence® UBA2 siRNA II
- 4786 Ubc9 (D26F2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3550 PIAS1 (D33A7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9042 PIAS3 (D5F9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4940 SUMO-1 (C9H1) Rabbit mAb
- 4971 SUMO-2/3 (18H8) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 2729 Normal Rabbit IgG
- 9863 Protein A Agarose Beads
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.