Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
MCP-1 Antibody (Mouse Specific) #2029
|2029S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2029||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
MCP-1 Antibody (Mouse Specific) detects endogenous levels of total mouse MCP-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Cys75 of mouse MCP-1. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of recombinant mouse MCP-1 protein using MCP-1 Antibody (Mouse Specific).
Monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1), also known as CCL2, monocyte chemotactic activating factor (MCAF) or glioma-derived chemotactic factor-2 (GDCF-2), is the product of the human JE gene and a member of the family of C-C (or β) chemokines (1-4). The predicted molecular weight of MCP-1 protein is 11-13 kDa, but it may migrate at 20-30 kDa due to glycosylation. MCP-1 is secreted by a variety of cell types in response to pro-inflammatory stimuli and was originally described for its chemotactic activity on monocytes. This activity has led to studies demonstrating its role in diseases characterized by monocyte infiltrates such as psoriasis (5), rheumatoid arthritis (6) and atherosclerosis (7). MCP-1 may also contribute to tumor progression and angiogenesis (8). Signaling by MCP-1 is mediated by the G-protein coupled receptor CCR2 (9).
- Matsushima, K. et al. (1989) J Exp Med 169, 1485-90.
- Furutani, Y. et al. (1989) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 159, 249-55.
- Robinson, E.A. et al. (1989) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 86, 1850-4.
- Rollins, B.J. et al. (1988) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 85, 3738-42.
- Gillitzer, R. et al. (1993) J Invest Dermatol 101, 127-31.
- Koch, A.E. et al. (1992) J Clin Invest 90, 772-9.
- Ylä-Herttuala, S. et al. (1991) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 88, 5252-6.
- Salcedo, R. et al. (2000) Blood 96, 34-40.
- Charo, I.F. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 2752-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2027 MCP-1 Antibody
- 2989 RANTES Antibody (Rodent Specific)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.