Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cleaved Lamin A (Small Subunit) (30H5) Mouse mAb #2036
|2036S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2036||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||28||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cleaved Lamin A (Small Subunit) (30H5) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of the small fragment of lamin A (and lamin C) resulting from cleavage at aspartic acid 230. The antibody does not cross-react with full length lamin A or C.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino-terminal residues surrounding Asp230 of human lamin A.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, NIH/3T3, and C6 cells, untreated or staurosporine-treated (1 µM), and Jurkat cells, untreated or etoposide-treated (25 µM), using Cleaved Lamin A (Small Subunit) (30H5) Mouse mAb.
Lamins are nuclear membrane structural components that are important in maintaining normal cell functions such as cell cycle control, DNA replication, and chromatin organization (1-3). Lamin A/C is cleaved by caspase-6 and serves as a marker for caspase-6 activation. During apoptosis, lamin A/C is specifically cleaved into a large (41-50 kDa) and a small (28 kDa) fragment (3,4). The cleavage of lamins results in nuclear dysregulation and cell death (5,6).
- Gruenbaum, Y. et al. (2000) J Struct Biol 129, 313-23.
- Yabuki, M. et al. (1999) Physiol Chem Phys Med NMR 31, 77-84.
- Goldberg, M. et al. (1999) Crit Rev Eukaryot Gene Expr 9, 285-93.
- Orth, K. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 16443-6.
- Oberhammer, F.A. et al. (1994) J Cell Biol 126, 827-37.
- Rao, L. et al. (1996) J Cell Biol 135, 1441-55.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2032 Lamin A/C Antibody
- 2031 Cleaved Lamin A (Asp230) Antibody
- 2035 Cleaved Lamin A (Small Subunit) Antibody
- 9661 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody
- 9762 Caspase-6 Antibody
- 9761 Cleaved Caspase-6 (Asp162) Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.