Product Pathways - Protein Stability
CHIP (C3B6) Rabbit mAb #2080
|2080S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2080||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||32||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
CHIP (C3B6) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total CHIP protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues around Leu36 of human CHIP.
The carboxy terminus of Hsc70-interacting protein (CHIP, STUB1) is a co-chaperone protein and functional E3 ubiquitin ligase that links the polypeptide binding activity of Hsp70 to the ubiquitin proteasome system (1). Cytoplasmic CHIP protein contains three 34-amino acid TPR (tetratricopeptide repeat) domains at its amino terminus and a carboxy-terminal U-box domain. CHIP interacts with the molecular chaperones Hsc70-Hsp70 and Hsp90 through its TPR domain, while E3 ubiquitin ligase activity is confined to the U-box domain (2,3). The binding of CHIP to Hsp70 can stall the folding of Hsp70 client proteins and concomitantly facilitate the U-box dependent ubiquitination of Hsp70-bound substrates (4-6). CHIP appears to play a central role in cell stress protection (7) and is responsible for the degradation of disease-related proteins that include cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (4), p53 (8), huntingtin and Ataxin-3 (9), Tau protein (10), and α-synuclein (11).
- McDonough, H. and Patterson, C. (2003) Cell Stress Chaperones 8, 303-8.
- Ballinger, C.A. et al. (1999) Mol Cell Biol 19, 4535-45.
- Murata, S. et al. (2001) EMBO Rep 2, 1133-8.
- Meacham, G.C. et al. (2001) Nat Cell Biol 3, 100-5.
- Younger, J.M. et al. (2004) J Cell Biol 167, 1075-85.
- Jiang, J. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 42938-44.
- Dai, Q. et al. (2003) EMBO J 22, 5446-58.
- Esser, C. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 27443-8.
- Jana, N.R. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 11635-40.
- Shimura, H. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 4869-76.
- Shin, Y. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 23727-34.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9965 HSP/Chaperone Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4873 HSP70 (6B3) Rat mAb
- 4876 HSP70 (D69) Antibody
- 4872 HSP70 Antibody
- 4877 HSP90 (C45G5) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.