Product Pathways - Metabolism
PGC-1α (3G6) Rabbit mAb #2178
|2178S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2178||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human||Transfected Only||130||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
PGC-1α (3G6) Rabbit mAb detects transfected levels of total PGC-1α protein. This antibody does not cross-react with PGC-1β or other related proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant human PGC-1α fusion protein.
PPARγ coactivator-1α (PGC-1α) was originally identified as a transcriptional coactivator whose expression closely correlated with adaptive thermogenesis following exposure to cold temperatures (1). Named for its association with the nuclear receptor peroxisome-proliferator activated receptor (PPARγ), PGC-1α interacts with a diverse array of transcription factors to regulate numerous aspects of cell physiology (2). PGC-1α helps to regulate cell processes important in adaptive thermogenesis and energy metabolism, including the related functions of glucose uptake, gluconeogenesis, insulin secretion, and mitochondrial biogenesis (3). Long thought to be a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of type II diabetes, obesity, cardiomyopathy, or other metabolic disorders (reviewed in 4), a recent functional survey found no obvious differences in PPARγ activity associated with recognized PGC-1α variants (5).
- Puigserver, P. et al. (1998) Cell 92, 829-839.
- Liang, H. and Ward, W.F. (2006) Adv. Physiol. Educ. 30, 145-151.
- Tiraby, C. and Langin, D. (2005) Med. Sci. (Paris) 21, 49-54.
- Finck, B.N. and Kelly, D.P. (2006) J. Clin. Invest. 116, 615-622.
- Nitz, I. et al. (2007) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 353, 481-486.
- Felder, T.K. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 42923-36. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2443 PPARγ (81B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2435 PPARγ (C26H12) Rabbit mAb
- 2430 PPARγ (D69) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.