Product Pathways - Development
Jagged2 (C23D2) Rabbit mAb #2210
|2210S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2210||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Rat||Endogenous||150||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Jagged2 (C23D2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Jagged2 protein. It does not cross-react with Jagged1.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala117 of human Jagged2.
Notch signaling is activated upon engagement of the Notch receptor with its ligands, the DSL (Delta, Serrate, Lag2) proteins of single-pass type I membrane proteins. The DSL proteins contain multiple EGF-like repeats and a DSL domain that is required for binding to Notch (1,2). Five DSL proteins have been identified in mammals: Jagged1, Jagged2, Delta-like (DLL) 1, 3 and 4 (3). Ligand binding to the Notch receptor results in two sequential proteolytic cleavages of the receptor by the ADAM protease and the γ-secretase complex. The intracellular domain of Notch is released and then translocates to the nucleus where it activates transcription. Notch ligands may also be processed in a way similiar to Notch, suggesting a bi-directional signaling through receptor-ligand interactions (4-6).
- Wilson, A. and Radtke, F. (2006) FEBS Lett. 580, 2860-2868.
- Hansson, E.M. et al. (2004) Semin. Cancer Biol. 14, 320-328.
- Chiba, S. (2006) Stem Cells 24, 2437-2447.
- Bland, C.E. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 13607-13610.
- Six, E. et al. (2003) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100, 7638-7643.
- LaVoie, M.J. and Selkoe, D.J. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 34427-34437.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2205 Jagged2 (C83A8) Rabbit mAb
- 2421 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) Antibody
- 2423 Notch4 (L5C5) Mouse mAb
- 2155 Jagged1 (1C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2620 Jagged1 (28H8) Rabbit mAb
- 4608 MAML1 Antibody
- 4618 MAML2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4147 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) (D3B8) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.