Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Cyclin D1 Antibody #2922
|2922S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2922||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||36||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cyclin D1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of cyclin D1. It does not cross-react with other family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of cyclin D1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Activity of the cyclin-dependent kinases CDK4 and CDK6 is regulated by T-loop phosphorylation, by the abundance of their cyclin partners (the D-type cyclins), and by association with CDK inhibitors of the Cip/Kip or INK family of proteins (1). The inactive ternary complex of cyclin D/CDK4 and p27 Kip1 requires extracellular mitogenic stimuli for the release and degradation of p27 concomitant with a rise in cyclin D levels to affect progression through the restriction point and Rb-dependent entry into S-phase (2). The active complex of cyclin D/CDK4 targets the retinoblastoma protein for phosphorylation, allowing the release of E2F transcription factors that activate G1/S-phase gene expression (3). Levels of cyclin D protein drop upon withdrawal of growth factors through downregulation of protein expression and phosphorylation-dependent degradation (4).
- Adon, A.M. et al. (2010) Mol Cell Biol 30, 694-710. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Falco, A. et al. (2012) Oncogene , . Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2936 Cyclin D3 (DCS22) Mouse mAb
- 4656 Cyclin A2 (BF683) Mouse mAb
- 4135 Cyclin B1 (V152) Mouse mAb
- 2924 Cyclin D2 Antibody
- 2927 Cyclin H Antibody
- 1044 Cyclin D1 Blocking Peptide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.