Product Pathways - DNA Damage
Phospho-p95/NBS1 (Ser343) Antibody #3001
|3001S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3001P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3001||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Mink||Endogenous||95||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-p95/NBS1 (Ser343) Antibody detects endogenous levels of p95/NBS1 only when phosphorylated at serine 343.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser343 of human p95/NBS1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The Nijmegen breakage syndrome (NBS) is characterized by defects in cell cycle checkpoints, growth retardation, an increased propensity for cancer and sensitivity to ionizing radiation (1). Repair of DNA double-strand breaks by radiation is dependent on a multifunctional complex containing Rad50, Mre11 and the NBS1 gene product p95/NBS1 (also called p95 or nibrin) (2). p95/NBS1 is a protein with a forkhead-associated domain and a carboxy-terminal repeat frequently found in cell cycle regulatory and DNA repair proteins (1,3). The overlap between clinical and cellular phenotypes in ataxia telangiectasia (AT) and NBS suggests that AT-mutated (ATM) and p95/NBS1 function in the same biochemical pathway. ATM interacts with and phosphorylates p95/NBS1 at Ser343 after exposure to ionizing radiation (4-7).
- Varon, R. et al. (1998) Cell 93, 467-476.
- Carney, J. P. et al. (1998) Cell 93, 477-486.
- Durocher, D. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell 4, 387-394.
- Gatei, M. et al. (2000) Nat. Genet. 25, 115-119.
- Lim, D. S. et al. (2000) Nature 404, 613-617.
- Wu, X. et al. (2000) Nature 405, 477-482.
- Zhao, S. et al. (2000) Nature 405, 473-477.
- Lukas, C. et al. (2003) Nat. Cell Biol. 5, 255-260. Applications: Western Blotting, IC-IF.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2341 Phospho-Chk1 (Ser345) Antibody
- 2661 Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) Antibody
- 9284 Phospho-p53 (Ser15) Antibody
- 9286 Phospho-p53 (Ser15) (16G8) Mouse mAb
- 9287 Phospho-p53 (Ser20) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.