Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
JunB (C37F9) Rabbit mAb #3753
|3753S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3753||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||42, 43||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), ChIP=Chromatin IP
Specificity / Sensitivity
JunB (C37F9) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total JunB protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro169 of human JunB.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using JunB (C37F9) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using JunB (C37F9) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of MCF7 cells using JunB (C37F9) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 PC-12 cells starved overnight and treated with β-NGF #5221 (50ng/ml) for 2h and either 10 μl of JunB (C37F9) Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR SimpleChIP® Rat CCRN4L Promoter Primers #7983, rat DCLK1 promoter primers, and SimpleChIP® Rat GAPDH Promoter Primers #7964. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
JunB is a basic region, leucine zipper (bZIP) transcription factor belonging to the Jun family that includes c-Jun and JunD. Jun family members homodimerize or heterodimerize with Fos and ATF proteins to form a functional transcription factor AP-1 (activator protein 1), whose activity is regulated by a variety of physiological and pathological stimuli such as growth factors, infections, and stress signals (1-4). While JunB sometimes antagonizes c-Jun transcriptional activity, it may functionally substitute for c-Jun during development in mice (5-7). JunB regulates hematopoietic stem cell number and plays an important role in the pathogenesis of chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) and acute myeloid leukemia (AML) (8,9).
- Busch, S.J. and Sassone-Corsi, P. (1990) Trends Genet. 6, 36-40.
- Shaulian, E. and Karin, M. (2002) Nat. Cell Biol. 4, E131-E136.
- Hess, J. et al. (2004) J. Cell Sci. 117, 5965-5973.
- Mechta-Grigoriou, F. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 2378-2389.
- Chiu, R. et al. (1989) Cell 59, 979-986.
- Schütte, J. et al. (1989) Cell 59, 987-997.
- Passegué, E. et al. (2002) Nat. Genet. 30, 158-166.
- Steidl, U. et al. (2006) Nat. Genet. 38, 1269-1277.
- Passegué, E. et al. (2004) Cell 119, 431-443.
- Ouyang, J. et al. (2011) Blood 117, 4315-22. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin), Chromatin IP.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2315 c-Jun (L70B11) Mouse mAb
- 3746 JunB (G53) Antibody
- 3755 JunB (P169) Antibody
- 9165 c-Jun (60A8) Rabbit mAb
- 9258 SAPK/JNK (56G8) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2250 c-Fos (9F6) Rabbit mAb
- 2251 FosB (5G4) Rabbit mAb
- 2263 FosB Antibody
- 4384 c-Fos Antibody
- 9252 SAPK/JNK Antibody
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 7983 SimpleChIP® Rat CCRN4L Promoter Primers
- 7964 SimpleChIP® Rat GAPDH Promoter Primers
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.