Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Phospho-PI3 Kinase p85 (Tyr458)/p55 (Tyr199) Antibody #4228
|4228L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4228S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4228P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4228||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Mouse||Endogenous||60 and 85||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human, Rat, Monkey, Bovine.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-PI3 Kinase p85 (Tyr458)/p55 (Tyr199) Antibody detects endogenous levels of p85/p55 only when phosphorylated at Tyr458/Tyr199.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr458 of mouse p85. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) catalyzes the production of phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-triphosphate by phosphorylating phosphatidylinositol (PI), phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate (PIP), and phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate (PIP2). Growth factors and hormones trigger this phosphorylation event, which in turn coordinates cell growth, cell cycle entry, cell migration, and cell survival (1). PTEN reverses this process, and research studies have shown that the PI3K signaling pathway is constitutively activated in human cancers that have loss of function of PTEN (2). PI3Ks are composed of a catalytic subunit (p110) and a regulatory subunit. Various isoforms of the catalytic subunit (p110α, p110β, p110γ, and p110δ) have been isolated, and the regulatory subunits that associate with p110α, p110β, and p110δ are p85α and p85β (3). In contrast, p110γ associates with a p101 regulatory subunit that is unrelated to p85. Furthermore, p110γ is activated by βγ subunits of heterotrimeric G proteins (4).
Protein extracts from 3T3-Src cells were profiled by PhosphoScan® to identify phosphotyrosine peptides. Tyr458 of PI3K p85 and Tyr199 of PI3K p55 were among 180 phosphopeptides and 185 phosphotyrosine sites identified (5).
- Lau, C. et al. (2008) J Immunol 180, 870-80. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Meng, X. et al. (2008) Carcinogenesis 29, 1013-21. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Gu, M. et al. (2009) Cancer Res 69, 9465-72. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Jung, J. et al. (2011) Oncogene 30, 2264-74. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4252 PI3 Kinase p110γ Antibody
- 4255 PI3 Kinase p110α Antibody
- 4257 PI3 Kinase p85 (19H8) Rabbit mAb
- 4292 PI3 Kinase p85 Antibody
- 9552 PTEN Antibody
- 9559 PTEN (138G6) Rabbit mAb
- 9916 Phospho-Akt Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9901 LY294002
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.