Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Caspase-8 (D35G2) Rabbit mAb #4790
|4790S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4790||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||10, 57||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey, Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Caspase-8 (D35G2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total caspase-8, including the p10 subunit of the activated protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxyl terminus of human caspase-8 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, THP-1, and YB2/0 cell lines using Caspase-8 (D35G2) Rabbit mAb.
Apoptosis induced through the CD95 receptor (Fas/APO-1) and tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 (TNFR1) activates caspase-8 and leads to the release of the caspase-8 active fragments, p18 and p10 (1-3). Activated caspase-8 cleaves and activates downstream effector caspases such as caspase-1, -3, -6, and -7. Caspase-3 ultimately elicits the morphological hallmarks of apoptosis, including DNA fragmentation and cell shrinkage.
- Pritchard, J.R. et al. (2011) Cancer Res 71, 5850-8. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9746 Caspase-8 (1C12) Mouse mAb
- 9496 Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp391) (18C8) Rabbit mAb
- 9429 Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp387) Antibody (Mouse Specific)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.