Product Pathways - Neuroscience
STEP Antibody #4817
|4817S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4817||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human.
Specificity / Sensitivity
STEP Antibody detects endogenous levels of total STEP61 and may detect STEP46 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human STEP. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Striatal enriched phosphatase (STEP, also known as PTPN5), is a protein tyrosine phosphatase expressed in dopaminoceptive neurons of the central nervous system (1). Alternative splicing produces the cytosolic STEP46 and the membrane-associated STEP61 isoforms of STEP. Dopamine activates D1 receptors and PKA, which in turn phosphorylate both isoforms of STEP. Phosphorylation of STEP61 occurs at Ser160 and Ser221, while STEP46 is phosphorylated at Ser49 (equivalent to Ser221 of STEP61) (2). NMDA-mediated activation of STEP is an important mechanism for regulation of Erk activity in neurons (3). Furthermore, STEP is involved in the regulation of both NMDAR and AMPAR trafficking (4,5). Due to its importance in cognitive function, STEP may play a role in Alzheimer's disease (1).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4027 Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Tyr876) Antibody
- 3437 AMPA Receptor (GluR 3) Antibody
- 2460 AMPA Receptor (GluR 2/3/4) Antibody
- 4206 Phospho-NMDAR2A (Tyr1246) Antibody
- 4208 Phospho-NMDAR2B (Tyr1472) Antibody
- 4209 Phospho-NMDAR2B (Tyr1070) Antibody
- 4212 NMDAR2B (D15B3) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.