Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
NF-κB p65 (D14E12) XP® Rabbit mAb #8242
|8242S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8242P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8242||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Monkey, Dog||Endogenous||65||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Specificity / Sensitivity
NF-κB p65 (D14E12) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total NF-κB p65/RelA protein. It does not cross react with other NF-κB/Rel family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu498 of human NF-κB p65/RelA protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using NF-κB p65 (D14E12) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells using NF-κB p65 (D14E12) XP® Rabbit mAb (blue) compared to concentration matched Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (red).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human chronic cholecystitis using NF-κB p65 (D14E12) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded HeLa cell pellets, control (left) or treated with hTNF-α #8902 (right), using NF-κB p65 (D14E12) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HT-1080 cells, untreated (left) or treated with hTNF-α #8902 (20 ng/ml, 20 min) (right), using NF-κB p65 (D14E12) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 HeLa cells treated with hTNF-α #8902 (30 ng/ml, 1 hr) and either 5 μl of NF-κB p65 (D14E12) XP® Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by Real-Time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human IκBα Promoter Primers #5552, human IL-8 promoter primers, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Transcription factors of the nuclear factor κB (NF-κB)/Rel family play a pivotal role in inflammatory and immune responses (1,2). There are five family members in mammals: RelA, c-Rel, RelB, NF-κB1 (p105/p50), and NF-κB2 (p100/p52). Both p105 and p100 are proteolytically processed by the proteasome to produce p50 and p52, respectively. Rel proteins bind p50 and p52 to form dimeric complexes that bind DNA and regulate transcription. In unstimulated cells, NF-κB is sequestered in the cytoplasm by IκB inhibitory proteins (3-5). NF-κB-activating agents can induce the phosphorylation of IκB proteins, targeting them for rapid degradation through the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway and releasing NF-κB to enter the nucleus where it regulates gene expression (6-8). NIK and IKKα (IKK1) regulate the phosphorylation and processing of NF-κB2 (p100) to produce p52, which translocates to the nucleus (9-11).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Henkel, T. (1994) Annu Rev Immunol 12, 141-79.
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1996) Cell 87, 13-20.
- Haskill, S. et al. (1991) Cell 65, 1281-9.
- Thompson, J.E. et al. (1995) Cell 80, 573-82.
- Whiteside, S.T. et al. (1997) EMBO J 16, 1413-26.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Scherer, D.C. et al. (1995) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 92, 11259-63.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Senftleben, U. et al. (2001) Science 293, 1495-9.
- Coope, H.J. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 5375-85.
- Xiao, G. et al. (2001) Mol Cell 7, 401-9.
- Niederreiter, L. et al. (2013) J Exp Med 210, 2041-56. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 6956 NF-κB p65 (L8F6) Mouse mAb
- 3033 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (93H1) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 12873 SignalSlide® NF-κB p65 IHC Controls
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.