Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
YAP/TAZ (D24E4) Rabbit mAb #8418
|8418S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8418||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||50, 70||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
YAP/TAZ (D24E4) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total YAP and TAZ proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp362 of human TAZ protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using YAP/TAZ (D24E4) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using YAP/TAZ (D24E4) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lymphoma using YAP/TAZ (D24E4) Rabbit mAb.
YAP (Yes-associated protein, YAP65) was identified based on its ability to associate with the SH3 domain of Yes. It also binds to other SH3 domain-containing proteins such as Nck, Crk, Src, and Abl (1). In addition to the SH3 binding motif, YAP contains a PDZ interaction motif, a coiled-coil domain, and WW domains (2-4). While initial studies of YAP all pointed towards a role in anchoring and targeting to specific subcellular compartments, subsequent studies showed that YAP is a transcriptional co-activator by virtue of its WW domain interacting with the PY motif (PPxY) of the transcription factor PEBP2 and other transcription factors (5,6). In its capacity as a transcriptional co-activator, YAP is now widely recognized as a central mediator of the Hippo Pathway, which plays a critical and widely conserved role in regulating tissue growth and organ size. Upon phosphorylation at Ser127, YAP translocates to the cytoplasm, where it is sequestered through association with 14-3-3 proteins in an Akt-dependent manner (6-8).
YAP may also function as a transcriptional repressor (7) and is now recognized as a critical regulator of the Hippo (Mst1/Mst2) signaling pathway (8). YAP may therefore play an important role in both organ size determination and tumor suppression (8).
TAZ is a closely related transcriptional co-activator also implicated in the Hippo signaling pathway (9). Taz contains a PDZ-binding motif, which shares homology with the WW domain of YAP, and has been proposed to modulate the switch between proliferation and differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) via interaction with the transcription factors Runx2 and PPARγ. This process is critical for normal tissue development and tumor suppression (10). Due to its role in the determination of MSC fate, TAZ may have clinical relevance to several human diseases caused by an imbalance of MSC differentiation (11).
- Sudol, M. (1994) Oncogene 9, 2145-2152.
- Mohler, P. et al. (1999) J. Cell Biol. 147, 879-890.
- Espanel, X. and Sudol, M. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 14514-14523.
- Sudol, M. et al. (1995) FEBS Lett. 369, 67-71.
- Yagi, R. et al. (1999) EMBO J. 18, 2551-2562.
- Basu, S. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell 11, 11-23.
- Zhao, B. et al. (2010) Genes Dev 24, 862-74.
- Zhao, B. et al. (2007) Genes Dev 21, 2747-61.
- Zaidi, S.K. et al. (2004) EMBO J 23, 790-9.
- Pan, D. (2010) Dev Cell 19, 491-505.
- Kanai, F. et al. (2000) EMBO J 19, 6778-91.
- Hong, J.H. et al. (2005) Science 309, 1074-8.
- Hong, J.H. and Yaffe, M.B. (2006) Cell Cycle 5, 176-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3477 LATS1 (C66B5) Rabbit mAb
- 9157 Phospho-LATS1 (Ser909) Antibody
- 5888 LATS2 (D83D6) Rabbit mAb
- 4911 Phospho-YAP (Ser127) Antibody
- 4883 TAZ (V386) Antibody
- 2149 TAZ Antibody
- 4912 YAP Antibody
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.