Upstream / Downstream
Explore pathways related to this product.
To Purchase # 58289S
|58289S||100 µl (50 assays)||$299.00.0|
Find answers on our FAQs page.
- Additional protein information
- Analytical tools
ELAVL1/HuR (D9W7E) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #58289
Gallery: ELAVL1/HuR (D9W7E) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #58289
Flow Cytometry, Methanol Permeabilization Protocol for Direct Conjugates
A. Solutions and Reagents
NOTE: Prepare solutions with reverse osmosis deionized (RODI) or equivalent grade water.
- 20X Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS): (#9808) To prepare 1 L 1X PBS: add 50 ml 20X PBS to 950 ml dH2O, mix.
- 16% Formaldehyde (methanol free).
- 100% methanol.
- Incubation Buffer: Dissolve 0.5 g Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) (#9998) in 100 ml 1X PBS. Store at 4°C.
NOTE: If using whole blood, lyse red blood cells and wash by centrifugation prior to fixation.
- Collect cells by centrifugation and aspirate supernatant.
- Resuspend cells in 0.5-1 ml 1X PBS. Add formaldehyde to obtain a final concentration of 4%.
- Fix for 15 min at room temperature.
- Wash by centrifugation with excess 1X PBS. Discard supernatant in appropriate waste container. Resuspend cells in 0.5-1 ml 1X PBS.
- Permeabilize cells by adding ice-cold 100% methanol slowly to pre-chilled cells, while gently vortexing, to a final concentration of 90% methanol.
- Incubate 30 min on ice.
- Proceed with immunostaining (Section D) or store cells at -20°C in 90% methanol.
- Aliquot desired number of cells into tubes or wells.
- Wash cells by centrifugation in excess 1X PBS to remove methanol. Discard supernatant in appropriate waste container. Repeat if necessary.
- Resuspend cells in 100 µl of diluted antibody conjugate (prepared in incubation buffer at the recommended dilution).
- Incubate for 1 hr at room temperature. Protect from light.
- Wash by centrifugation in incubation buffer. Discard supernatant. Repeat.
- Resuspend cells in 1X PBS and analyze on flow cytometer; alternatively, for DNA staining, proceed to optional DNA stain (Section E).
E. Optional DNA Dye
- Resuspend cells in 0.5 ml of DNA dye (e.g. Propidium Iodide (PI)/RNase Staining Solution #4087).
- Incubate for at least 5 min at room temperature.
- Analyze cells in DNA staining solution on flow cytometer.
posted July 2009
revised June 2017
ELAVL1/HuR (D9W7E) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) recognizes endogenous levels of total ELAVL1/HuR protein.Species Reactivity: Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding His201 of human ELAVL1/HuR protein.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to phycoerythrin (PE) and tested in-house for direct flow cytometric analysis in human cells. The antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated ELAVL1/HuR (D9W7E) Rabbit mAb #12582.
The ELAVL (embryonic lethal, abnormal vision and Drosophila-like) family of proteins includes ELAVL1/HuR, ELAVL2/HuB, ELAVL3/HuC and ELAVL4/HuD (1). ELAVL1/HuR is ubiquitously expressed whereas expression of the other three members is neuronal-specific (1). ELAVL/Hu proteins are highly conserved RNA-binding proteins (1). Besides three RNA recognition motifs, these proteins also contain nuclear localization signals that enable them to shuttle between nucleus and cytoplasm (2). Upon inhibition of transcription by actinomycin D, ELAVL1/HuR relocates from nucleus to cytoplasm where it binds the AU-rich elements within 3' UTRs to stabilize mRNAs (3, 4). ELAVL1/HuR is suggested to increase translation by binding to mRNAs (5,6). In addition, ELAVL1/HuR interacts with microRNAs (miRNAs) (7).
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.