Upstream / Downstream
Explore pathways related to this product.
Research More. Spend Less.
Spend $650 or more and get 20% off*
(*Offer valid in the US only. Expires June 30, 2017)
To Purchase # 13360S
|13360S||100 µl (50 tests)||$329.00.0|
Find answers on our FAQs page.
- Additional protein information
- Analytical tools
IL-10 (D13A11) XP® Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #13360
Flow cytometric analysis of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells, untreated (left) or treated (right) with TPA #4174 (40 nM, 5 hr), Ionomycin, Calcium Salt #9995 (2 μM, 5 hr) and Brefeldin A #9972 (3 μg/ml, last 4 hr of stimulation), using a CD3-APC antibody and IL-10 (D13A11) XP® Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate). Analysis was performed on cells in the lymphocyte gate.Learn more about how we get our images
Gallery: IL-10 (D13A11) XP® Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #13360
Flow Cytometry, Methanol Permeabilization Protocol for Direct Conjugates
A. Solutions and Reagents
NOTE: Prepare solutions with reverse osmosis deionized (RODI) or equivalent grade water.
- 20X Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS): (#9808) To prepare 1 L 1X PBS: add 50 ml 20X PBS to 950 ml dH2O, mix.
- 16% Formaldehyde (methanol free).
- 100% methanol.
- Incubation Buffer: Dissolve 0.5 g Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) (#9998) in 100 ml 1X PBS. Store at 4°C.
NOTE: If using whole blood, lyse red blood cells and wash by centrifugation prior to fixation.
- Collect cells by centrifugation and aspirate supernatant.
- Resuspend cells in 0.5-1 ml 1X PBS. Add formaldehyde to obtain a final concentration of 4%.
- Fix for 15 min at room temperature.
- Wash by centrifugation with excess 1X PBS. Discard supernatant in appropriate waste container. Resuspend cells in 0.5-1 ml 1X PBS.
- Permeabilize cells by adding ice-cold 100% methanol slowly to pre-chilled cells, while gently vortexing, to a final concentration of 90% methanol.
- Incubate 30 min on ice.
- Proceed with immunostaining (Section D) or store cells at -20°C in 90% methanol.
- Aliquot desired number of cells into tubes or wells.
- Wash cells by centrifugation in excess 1X PBS to remove methanol. Discard supernatant in appropriate waste container. Repeat if necessary.
- Resuspend cells in 100 µl of diluted antibody conjugate (prepared in incubation buffer at the recommended dilution).
- Incubate for 1 hr at room temperature. Protect from light.
- Wash by centrifugation in incubation buffer. Discard supernatant. Repeat.
- Resuspend cells in 1X PBS and analyze on flow cytometer; alternatively, for DNA staining, proceed to optional DNA stain (Section E).
E. Optional DNA Dye
- Resuspend cells in 0.5 ml of DNA dye (e.g. Propidium Iodide (PI)/RNase Staining Solution #4087).
- Incubate for at least 5 min at room temperature.
- Analyze cells in DNA staining solution on flow cytometer.
posted July 2009
revised June 2017
IL-10 (D13A11) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) recognizes endogenous levels of total IL-10 protein.Species Reactivity: Human
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant human IL-10 protein.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to phycoerythrin (PE) and tested in-house for direct flow cytometry analysis in human cells. The antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated IL-10 (D13A11) Rabbit mAb #12163.
Interleukin-10 (IL-10) is an anti-inflammatory cytokine that is produced by T cells, NK cells, and macrophages (1,2). IL-10 initiates signal transduction by binding to a cell surface receptor complex consisting of IL-10 RI and IL-10 RII (1), leading to the activation of Jak1 and Tyk2 and phosphorylation of Stat3 (1,3). The anti-inflammatory activity of IL-10 is due to its ability to block signaling through other cytokine receptors, notably IFN-γ receptor, by upregulating expression of SOCS1 (1,3). In addition, IL-10 promotes T cell tolerance by inhibiting tyrosine phosphorylation of CD28 (4,5). IL-10 is an important negative regulator of the immune response, which allows for maintenance of pregnancy (1). In contrast, increased IL-10 levels contribute to persistent Leishmania major infections (6).
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.