Upstream / Downstream
Explore pathways related to this product.
To Purchase # 12914S
|12914S||100 µl (50 tests)||$299.00.0|
Find answers on our FAQs page.
- Additional protein information
- Analytical tools
Phospho-IRAK4 (Thr345/Ser346) (D6D7) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #12914
Flow cytometric analysis of KARPAS-299 cells, untreated (blue) or treated with Human Interleukin-1β (hIL-1β) #8900 (50 ng/ml, 15 min) (green), using Phospho-IRAK4 (Thr345/Ser346) (D6D7) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate). Cell Line Source: Dr Abraham Karpas at the University of Cambridge.Learn more about how we get our images
Gallery: Phospho-IRAK4 (Thr345/Ser346) (D6D7) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #12914
Flow Cytometry, Methanol Permeabilization Protocol for Direct Conjugates
A. Solutions and Reagents
NOTE: Prepare solutions with reverse osmosis deionized (RODI) or equivalent grade water.
- 20X Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS): (#9808) To prepare 1 L 1X PBS: add 50 ml 20X PBS to 950 ml dH2O, mix.
- 16% Formaldehyde (methanol free).
- 100% methanol.
- Incubation Buffer: Dissolve 0.5 g Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) (#9998) in 100 ml 1X PBS. Store at 4°C.
NOTE: If using whole blood, lyse red blood cells and wash by centrifugation prior to fixation.
- Collect cells by centrifugation and aspirate supernatant.
- Resuspend cells in 0.5-1 ml 1X PBS. Add formaldehyde to obtain a final concentration of 4%.
- Fix for 15 min at room temperature.
- Wash by centrifugation with excess 1X PBS. Discard supernatant in appropriate waste container. Resuspend cells in 0.5-1 ml 1X PBS.
- Permeabilize cells by adding ice-cold 100% methanol slowly to pre-chilled cells, while gently vortexing, to a final concentration of 90% methanol.
- Incubate 30 min on ice.
- Proceed with immunostaining (Section D) or store cells at -20°C in 90% methanol.
- Aliquot desired number of cells into tubes or wells.
- Wash cells by centrifugation in excess 1X PBS to remove methanol. Discard supernatant in appropriate waste container. Repeat if necessary.
- Resuspend cells in 100 µl of diluted antibody conjugate (prepared in incubation buffer at the recommended dilution).
- Incubate for 1 hr at room temperature. Protect from light.
- Wash by centrifugation in incubation buffer. Discard supernatant. Repeat.
- Resuspend cells in 1X PBS and analyze on flow cytometer; alternatively, for DNA staining, proceed to optional DNA stain (Section E).
E. Optional DNA Dye
- Resuspend cells in 0.5 ml of DNA dye (e.g. Propidium Iodide (PI)/RNase Staining Solution #4087).
- Incubate for at least 5 min at room temperature.
- Analyze cells in DNA staining solution on flow cytometer.
posted July 2009
revised June 2017
Phospho-IRAK4 (Thr345/Ser346) (D6D7) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) recognizes endogenous levels of IRAK4 protein only when phosphorylated at Thr345 and Ser346. This antibody does not react with singly phosphorylated proteins.Species Reactivity: Human Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat, Monkey, Bovine, Dog
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr345/Ser346 of human IRAK4 protein.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to phycoerythrin (PE) and tested in-house for direct flow cytometry analysis in human cells. The antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated Phospho-IRAK4 (Thr345/Ser346) (D6D7) Rabbit mAb #11927.
Interleukin-1 (IL-1) receptor-associated kinase (IRAK) is a serine/threonine-specific kinase that can be coprecipitated in an IL-1-inducible manner with the IL-1 receptor (1). The mammalian family of IRAK molecules contains four members (IRAK1, IRAK2, IRAK3/IRAK-M, and IRAK4). The binding of IL-1 to IL-1 receptor type I (IL-1RI) initiates the formation of a complex that includes IL-1RI, AcP, MyD88, and IRAKs (2). IRAK undergoes autophosphorylation shortly after IL-1 stimulation. The subsequent events involve IRAK dissociation from the IL-1RI complex, its ubiquitination, and its association with two membrane-bound proteins: TAB2 and TRAF6. The resulting IRAK-TRAF6-TAB2 complex is then released into the cytoplasm where it activates protein kinase cascades, including TAK1, IKKs, and the stress-activated kinases (3).
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.