News from the Bench
Discover what’s going on at CST, receive our latest application notes and tips, read our science features, and learn about our products.
To Purchase # 7722S
Find answers on our FAQs page.
- Additional protein information
- Analytical tools
Blue Loading Buffer Pack #7722
The Blue Loading Buffer Pack is used to lyse cells for Western blotting analysis
1. Prepare fresh 3X Reducing SDS Loading Buffer by adding 1/10 volume 30X DTT Reducing Agent to 1 volume of 3X SDS Loading Buffer.
2. Dilute 3X SDS Loading Buffer to a 1X solution using ddH2O. This product supplies enough 3X material to make 24ml of 1X solution.
3. Aspirate media from cultures; wash cells with 1X PBS; aspirate.
4. Lyse cells by adding 1X SDS Loading Buffer (100 µl per well of 6-well plate or 500 µl per plate of 10 cm2 plate). Immediately scrape the cells off the plate and transfer the extract to a microcentrifuge tube. Keep on ice.
5. Sonicate for 10-15 seconds to shear DNA and reduce sample viscosity.
6. Heat a 20 µl sample to 95-100ºC for 5 minutes; cool on ice.
7. Microcentrifuge for 2-5 minutes.
8. Load 20 µl onto SDS-PAGE gel (10 cm x 10 cm).Solutions and Reagents:
Quantity 8 ml 3X Blue Loading Buffer and 1 ml 30X Reducing Agent
3X Blue Loading Buffer Pack: 187.5 mM Tris-HCl (pH 6.8 at 25ºC), 6% (w/v) SDS, 30% glycerol and 0.03% (w/v) bromophenol blue. (Store at room temperature.)
30X Reducing Agent: 1.25 M dithiothreitol (DTT) (Store at -20ºC.)Storage: Store at Room Temperature and -20°C.3X Blue Loading Buffer Pack: 187.5 mM Tris-HCl (pH 6.8 at 25°C), 6% (w/v) SDS, 30% glycerol and 0.03% (w/v) bromophenol blue. (Store at room temperature.)30X Reducing Agent: 1.25 M dithiothreitol (DTT) (Store at –20°C.)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.