1. Prepare the following reagents with reverse osmosis deionized (RODI) or equivalent grade water:
a. 1X PBS (azide- and protein/serum-free)
b. Incubation Buffer: Dissolve 0.5 g Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) (#9998) in 100 ml 1X PBS. Store at 4°C.
2. Remove Ghost Dye™ from -20°C and bring to room temperature.
3. Collect cells by centrifugation and aspirate supernatant.
4. Wash cells by centrifugation in excess 1X PBS. Repeat if necessary.
5. Resuspend cells to a concentration of 1-10 x 106/mL in 1X PBS.
6. Centrifuge the Ghost Dye™ before opening then add 1 uL for each 1 mL of cell suspension and vortex immediately.
7. Incubate for 30 minutes at 4°C protected from light.
8. Wash by centrifugation in excess incubation buffer. Discard supernatant. Repeat.
9. Cells can then be fixed, permeabilized, and immunostained based upon experimental design and recommended protocols.
10. Exclude cells with high Ghost Dye™ fluorescence from analysis. These were non-viable cells at the time of fixation. See details below for excitation and emission specifications.
Ghost Dye™ UV 450 Viability Dye is excited by the UV (355 nm) laser line and has a peak emission of 450 nm that can be detected using a 450/50 band pass filter commonly used for detection of DAPI, Hoechst 33258, etc.
Store at -20°C desiccated and protected from light. This product is stable for 12 months. Aliquot to avoid excessive freeze-thaw cycles.
Except as otherwise expressly agreed in a writing signed by a legally authorized representative of CST, the following terms apply to Products provided by CST, its affiliates or its distributors. Any Customer's terms and conditions that are in addition to, or different from, those contained herein, unless separately accepted in writing by a legally authorized representative of CST, are rejected and are of no force or effect.
Products are labeled with For Research Use Only or a similar labeling statement and have not been approved, cleared, or licensed by the FDA or other regulatory foreign or domestic entity, for any purpose. Customer shall not use any Product for any diagnostic or therapeutic purpose, or otherwise in any manner that conflicts with its labeling statement. Products sold or licensed by CST are provided for Customer as the end-user and solely for research and development uses. Any use of Product for diagnostic, prophylactic or therapeutic purposes, or any purchase of Product for resale (alone or as a component) or other commercial purpose, requires a separate license from CST. Customer shall (a) not sell, license, loan, donate or otherwise transfer or make available any Product to any third party, whether alone or in combination with other materials, or use the Products to manufacture any commercial products, (b) not copy, modify, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the underlying structure or technology of the Products, or use the Products for the purpose of developing any products or services that would compete with CST products or services, (c) not alter or remove from the Products any trademarks, trade names, logos, patent or copyright notices or markings, (d) use the Products solely in accordance with CST Product Terms of Sale and any applicable documentation, and (e) comply with any license, terms of service or similar agreement with respect to any third party products or services used by Customer in connection with the Products.