News from the Bench
Discover what’s going on at CST, receive our latest application notes and tips, read our science features, and learn about our products.
Find answers on our FAQs page.
- Additional protein information
- Analytical tools
CellSimple™ Cleaved PARP/Total Survivin Antibody Assay Kit #83607
This product is currently unavailable
CellSimple™ cell-based analysis of untreated (left panel) and Staurosporine #9953 treated (1.0 μM, 18 hr; right panel) Jurkat cells using the CellSimple™ Cleaved PARP/Total Survivin Antibody Assay Kit. Data was collected in both green (525/45 nm) and red channels (561 nm/LP) and analyzed on the Open Flow Cytometry application. Mean fluorescence intensity (MFI) of Survivin (71G4B7) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #5875 in the red channel (y-axis) and Cleaved PARP (Asp214) (D64E10) XP® Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate) #9148 in the green channel (x-axis) is shown in each dot plot. Cell concentrations, MFI, and percentages are displayed in the boxes adjacent to each quadrant. Instrument screen shots are shown.Learn more about how we get our images
Gallery: CellSimple™ Cleaved PARP/Total Survivin Antibody Assay Kit #83607
- CellSimple™ cell-based analysis of untreated (left panel) and Staurosporine #9953 treated (1.0 μM, 18 hr; right panel) Jurkat cells using the CellSimple™ Cleaved PARP/Total Survivin Antibody Assay Kit. Data was collected in both green (525/45 nm) and red channels (561 nm/LP) and analyzed on the Open Flow Cytometry application. Mean fluorescence intensity (MFI) of Survivin (71G4B7) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #5875 in the red channel (y-axis) and Cleaved PARP (Asp214) (D64E10) XP® Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate) #9148 in the green channel (x-axis) is shown in each dot plot. Cell concentrations, MFI, and percentages are displayed in the boxes adjacent to each quadrant. Instrument screen shots are shown.
Immunostaining Protocol for CellSimple™ Antibody-based Assay for Kits
These kits were specially designed for use with the CellSimple™ Cell Analyzer. However, they may also be used with a flow cytometer or plate reader capable of providing excitation between 480 nm and 490 nm and detecting fluorescent emission between 520 nm and 590 nm.
B. Kit components:
- Antibody pair (kit specific)
- 16% Formaldehyde (Methanol-free)
NOTE: The screw cap allows for the entire vial contents to be used at once. To extend the product's shelf life, small volumes should be extracted by piercing the silicone top with a needle and syringe. Store protected from light and use within one month after opening.
- Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS-20X)
C. Additional reagents needed, but not supplied.
- 90% methanol
- Bovine Serum Albumin #9998 or equivalent
- Reverse osmosis/deionized (RO/DI) water or equivalent
D. Reagent preparation
- 1X PBS: To prepare 500 ml 1X PBS add 25 ml PBS-20X to 475 ml RO/DI water, mix.
- Incubation Buffer: Dissolve 0.5 g Bovine Serum Albumin in 100 ml 1X PBS. Store at 4°C.
- Collect cells by centrifugation and aspirate supernatant. For adherent cells, remove cells from the plate or flask by trypsinization followed by trypsin neutralization with medium that contains 10% fetal bovine serum.
- Resuspend cells in 0.5 - 1 ml 1X PBS to 0.5 X 106 - 5 X 106 cells/ml by gently pipetting up and down. Add 16% Formaldehyde to obtain a final concentration of 4% and vortex gently (for example 335 µl of 16% Formaldehyde added to 1 ml of cell suspension).
- Fix for 10 min at 37°C.
- Chill tubes on ice for 1 minute.
- Spin down the cells at 400 x g for 5 minutes in a chilled microcentrifuge.
- Carefully remove the supernatant containing formaldehyde into a hazardous waste receptacle.
- Permeabilize cells by slowly adding 1 - 1.5 ml of ice-cold 90% methanol. Pipette up and down several times to ensure uniform cell suspension.
- Incubate 30 min on ice.
- Proceed with immunostaining or store cells at -20°C in 90% methanol.
- Aliquot 0.5 - 1 x 106 cells into each assay tube.
- Wash the cells twice in 1 ml incubation buffer by centrifugation at 400 x g for 5 minutes.
- Dilute each of the two fluorochrome-conjugated antibodies 1:50 in incubation buffer. Prepare enough diluted antibody mix to resuspend each of your test samples in 25 µl. For example, for 3 test samples add 1.5 µl of antibody mix to 75 µl of incubation buffer. Note: the antibodies are mixed together to allow a simultaneous detection in both the green and the red channels.
- Add 25 µl of the diluted antibody mix to each test sample and gently pipette up and down a few times to ensure even cell suspension.
- Incubate for 1 hour at room temperature with occasional gentle mixing.
- Wash once by centrifugation using incubation buffer.
- Resuspend cells in 0.1 - 0.2 ml PBS and analyze 75 µl on CellSimple™ Cell Analyzer using the Open Flow Cytometry application and using both Green (525/45 nm) and Red (561 nm LP) channels. For more information on how to use the Open Flow Cytometry application and detailed instructions on how to operate the CellSimple™ Cell Analyzer please refer to the CellSimple™ user guide.
posted June 2016
revised November 2016
|Product Includes||Quantity (with Count)|
|Cleaved PARP (Asp214) (D64E10) XP® Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate) 9148||1 x 25 µl|
|Survivin (71G4B7) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) 5875||1 x 25 µl|
|16% Formaldehyde, Methanol-Free 12606||2 x 10 ml|
|Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS-20X) 9808||1 x 25 ml|
CellSimple™ Cleaved PARP/Total Survivin Antibody Assay Kit is a fluorescent assay designed for use with the CellSimple™ Cell Analyzer. The kit includes Cleaved PARP (Asp214) (D64E10) XP® Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate) #9148 and Survivin (71G4B7) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #5875. The kit allows for the quick and easy assessment of the levels of pro- and anti-apoptotic marks on the cell.
Antibodies provided in the CellSimple™ Cleaved PARP/Total Survivin Antibody Assay Kit detect endogenous levels of their respective target.Species Reactivity: Human
The CellSimple™ Cell Analyzer is a benchtop instrument that utilizes a disposable thin-film cassette and a combination of a 488 nm laser, two photomultiplier tubes (525/45 nm and 561 nm LP filters), Coulter Principle-based cell measurements, and on-board software to provide easy-to-run applications and data analysis. Data acquisition occurs within approximately 10 seconds per test. The instrument relies on disposable cassettes for sample handling, which alleviates the need for flow cell cleaning and fluidics maintenance and the instrument is small enough to be portable between the lab bench and the hood. Applications include quantitative assessments of cell viability, apoptosis, other labeled antibody markers and single and multiplexed bead-based assays for protein and cellular analysis.
PARP, a 116 kDa nuclear poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase, appears to be involved in DNA repair in response to environmental stress (1). This protein can be cleaved by many ICE-like caspases in vitro and is one of the main cleavage targets of caspase-3 in vivo (2). In human PARP, the cleavage occurs between Asp214 and Gly215, which separates the PARP amino-terminal DNA binding domain (24 kDa) from the carboxy-terminal catalytic domain (89 kDa) (3). PARP helps cells to maintain their viability; cleavage of PARP facilitates cellular disassembly and serves as a marker of cells undergoing apoptosis. Survivin is a 16 kDa anti-apoptotic protein highly expressed during fetal development and cancer cell malignancy (4). Survivin binds and inhibits caspase-3, controlling the checkpoint in the G2/M-phase of the cell cycle by inhibiting apoptosis and promoting cell division (5). This regulatory process requires the phosphorylation of survivin at Thr34 by p34 cdc2 kinase. Gene targeting using a Thr34 phosphorylation-defective survivin mutant, as well as antisense survivin, have been shown to inhibit tumor growth (6).
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. CellSimple is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. Alexa Fluor is a registered trademark of Life Technologies Corporation. This product is provided under an intellectual property license from Life Technologies Corporation. The transfer of this product is contingent on the buyer using the purchased product solely in research, including use with HCS or other automated imaging applications but excluding use in combination with DNA microarrays. The buyer must not sell or otherwise transfer this product or its components for (a) diagnostic, therapeutic or prophylactic purposes; (b) testing, analysis or screening services, or information in return for compensation on a per-test basis; (c) manufacturing or quality assurance or quality control, or (d) resale, whether or not resold for use in research. For information on purchasing a license to this product for purposes other than as described above, contact Life Technologies Corporation, 5791 Van Allen Way, Carlsbad, CA 92008 USA or email@example.com.