Upstream / Downstream
Explore pathways related to this product.
the purchase of 3 or more products
To Purchase # 12692S
|12692S||1 Kit (120 slides)||$472.00.0|
Find answers on our FAQs page.
- Additional protein information
- Analytical tools
SignalStain® Apoptosis (Cleaved Caspase-3) IHC Detection Kit #12692
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded E14 mouse embryo using Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (D3E9) Rabbit mAb #9579 (left) or Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® SignalStain® Isotype Control #12960 (right).Learn more about how we get our images
Gallery: SignalStain® Apoptosis (Cleaved Caspase-3) IHC Detection Kit #12692
A. Solutions and Reagents
- Ethanol, anhydrous denatured, histological grade (100% and 95%).
- Deionized water (dH2O).
- Hematoxylin (optional).
NOTE: Additional 10X TBST will be required for washes.
- Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X) #9997: To prepare wash buffer add 100 µl of Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X) (#9997) to 900 ml of dH2O. OR
- 10X Tris Buffered Saline (TBS): To prepare 1 L, add 24.2 g Trizma® base (C4H11NO3) and 80 g sodium chloride (NaCl) to 1 L dH2O. Adjust pH to 7.6 with concentrated HCl. 1X TBS/0.1% Tween® 20 (1X TBST): To prepare 1 L, add 100 ml 10X TBS to 900 ml dH2O. Add 1 ml Tween® 20 and mix.
- Antibody Diluent: SignalStain® Antibody Diluent (#8112)
- 1X Citrate Unmasking Solution: To prepare 250 mL of 1X citrate unmasking solution, dilute 25 ml of SignalStain® Citrate Unmasking Solution (10X) (#14746) with 225 mL of dH2O.
- 3% Hydrogen Peroxide: To prepare, add 10 ml 30% H2O2 to 90 ml dH2O.
- Blocking Solution: TBST/5% Normal Goat Serum or 1X Animal-Free Blocking Solution.
- Detection System: SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit) (#8114).
- Substrate: SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit (#8059), which includes SignalStain® DAB Diluent (#11724) and SignalStain® DAB Chromogen Concentrate (#11725).
- Hematoxylin: Hematoxylin (#14166).
- Mounting Medium: SignalStain® Mounting Medium (#14177).
NOTE: Do not allow slides to dry at any time during this procedure.
- Deparaffinize/hydrate sections:
- Incubate sections in three washes of xylene for 5 min each.
- Incubate sections in two washes of 100% ethanol for 10 min each.
- Incubate sections in two washes of 95% ethanol for 10 min each.
- Wash sections twice in dH2O for 5 min each.
C. Antigen Unmasking
- For Citrate: Heat slides in a microwave submersed in 1X citrate unmasking solution until boiling is initiated; follow with 10 min at a sub-boiling temperature (95°-98°C). Cool slides on bench top for 30 min.
- Wash sections in dH2O three times for 5 min each.
- Incubate sections in 3% hydrogen peroxide for 10 min.
- Wash sections in dH2O twice for 5 min each.
- Wash section in wash buffer for 5 min.
- Block each section with 100-200 µl of preferred blocking solution for 1 hr at room temperature.
- Remove blocking solution and add 100-200 µl primary antibody diluted at 1:500 in SignalStain® Antibody Diluent (#8112) to each section. Incubate overnight at 4°C.
- Rabbit (DA1E) mAb XP® SignalStain® Isotype Control (#3900) is used as a negative control. Dilute at 1:500 in SignalStain® Antibody Diluent (#8112) and apply 100-200 µl to each section.
- Equilibrate SignalStain® Boost Detection Reagent (#8114) to room temperature.
- Remove antibody solution and wash sections in wash buffer three times for 5 min each.
- Cover section with 1-3 drops SignalStain® Boost Detection Reagent (#8114) as needed. Incubate in a humidified chamber for 30 min at room temperature.
- Wash sections three times with wash buffer for 5 min each.
- Add 30 µl SignalStain® DAB Chromogen Concentrate (#11725) to 1 ml SignalStain® DAB Diluent (#11724) and mix well before use.
- Apply 100-400 µl SignalStain® DAB to each section and monitor closely. 1-10 minutes generally provides an acceptable staining intensity.
- Immerse slides in dH2O.
- If desired, counterstain sections with hematoxylin (#14166).
- Wash sections in dH2O two times for 5 min each.
- Dehydrate sections:
- Incubate sections in 95% ethanol two times for 10 sec each.
- Repeat in 100% ethanol, incubating sections two times for 10 sec each.
- Repeat in xylene, incubating sections two times for 10 sec each.
- Mount sections with coverslips and mounting medium (#14177).
posted July 2013
revised June 2016
|Product Includes||Quantity||Storage Temp|
|Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (D3E9) Rabbit mAb 9579||100 µl||-20°C|
|Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® SignalStain® Isotype Control||100 µl||-20°C|
|Normal Goat Serum 5425||2.4 ml||-20°C|
|SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit) 8114||12 ml||4°C|
|SignalStain® DAB Diluent||12 ml||4°C|
|SignalStain® DAB Chromogen Concentrate||360 µl||4°C|
|Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X) 9997||2.4 ml||RT|
|SignalStain® Antibody Diluent 8112||25 ml||4°C|
SignalStain® Apoptosis (Cleaved Caspase-3) IHC Detection Kit allows the detection of activated caspase-3 in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded human and mouse tissue samples. Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (D3E9) Rabbit mAb is detected by the polymer based, HRP-conjugated SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent in combination with SignalStain® DAB Diluent and Chromogen Concentrate. Also included is a concentration-matched rabbit monoclonal IgG control to verify the specificity of staining.
This combination of reagents provides a sensitive and specific means of detecting apoptotic events in tissue samples.
SignalStain® Apoptosis (Cleaved Caspase-3) IHC Detection Kit detects endogenous levels of the activated caspase-3 large fragment (17/19 kDa) resulting from cleavage adjacent to Asp175. This antibody does not recognize full-length caspase-3 or other cleaved caspases. This kit was developed for and is recommended for immunohistochemistry only.Species Reactivity: Human, Mouse
Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (D3E9) Rabbit mAb is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp175 of human caspase-3 protein. Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® SignalStain® Isotype Control is not directed against any known antigen. It functions as an isotype control for rabbit IgG monoclonal antibodies.
Caspase-3 (CPP-32, Apoptain, Yama, SCA-1) is a critical executioner of apoptosis, as it is either partially or totally responsible for the proteolytic cleavage of many key proteins, such as the nuclear enzyme poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) (1). Activation of caspase-3 requires proteolytic processing of its inactive zymogen into activated p17 and p12 fragments. Cleavage of caspase-3 requires the aspartic acid residue at the P1 position (2).
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. SignalStain is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. Trizma is a registered trademark of Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC. Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.