Product Pathways - Protein Translation
AUF1/hnRNP D (D6O4F) Rabbit mAb #12382
|12382S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12382||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
AUF1/hnRNP D (D6O4F) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total AUF1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human AUF1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cells using AUF1/hnRNP D (D6O4F) Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of AUF1 from HT-29 cell extracts using Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 (lane 2) or AUF1/hnRNP D (D6O4F) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using AUF1/hnRNP D (D6O4F) Rabbit mAb and Mouse Anti-rabbit IgG (Conformation Specific) (L27A9) mAb #3678.
AU-rich element RNA binding protein 1 (AUF1) is also known as heterogeneous ribonucleoprotein D (hnRNP D). AUF1 binds to the AU rich element (ARE) of target mRNA and regulates mRNA decay (1,2). It has a broad range of target genes including IL-1, IL-2, IL-3, Myc, TNF-α, and cyclin D1 (2). Binding of AUF1 to Myc mRNA also affects translation of Myc (3). Recent studies have provided evidence that AUF1 is also involved in the regulation of transcription. AUF1 binds to the promoters of various genes including complement receptor 2 (4), enkephalin (5), and α-fetoprotein (6). AUF1 also binds to the telomerase catalytic subunit Tert promoter and the G-rich telomeric repeat, thus regulating telomere maintenance and normal aging (7,8). AUF1 has four isoforms produced by alternative splicing of a single transcript: p37, p40, p42, and p45 (9,10). All AUF1 isoforms shuttle between the nucleus and cytoplasm (11, 12). These isoforms have distinct localization and bind to different target mRNAs that contribute to the diversity of AUF1 function (2).
- Brewer, G. (1991) Mol Cell Biol 11, 2460-6.
- Gratacós, F.M. and Brewer, G. (2010) Wiley Interdiscip Rev RNA 1, 457-73.
- Liao, B. et al. (2007) Nat Struct Mol Biol 14, 511-8.
- Tolnay, M. et al. (2000) Biochem J 348 Pt 1, 151-8.
- Dobi, A. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 28889-900.
- Jiao, R. et al. (2006) J Cell Biochem 98, 1257-70.
- Eversole, A. and Maizels, N. (2000) Mol Cell Biol 20, 5425-32.
- Pont, A.R. et al. (2012) Mol Cell 47, 5-15.
- Dempsey, L.A. et al. (1998) Genomics 49, 378-84.
- Wagner, B.J. et al. (1998) Genomics 48, 195-202.
- Zhang, W. et al. (1993) Mol Cell Biol 13, 7652-65.
- Sarkar, B. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 20700-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9304 hnRNP A2/B1 (2A2) Mouse mAb
- 8443 hnRNP A1 (D21H11) Rabbit mAb
- 4296 hnRNP A1 (K350) Antibody
- 5380 hnRNP A1 (R196) Antibody
- 9081 hnRNP K (D9A8) Rabbit mAb
- 4699 hnRNP K (A222) Antibody
- 4675 hnRNP K (R332) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.